Like Tree4Likes

TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Horatio
Stevenmichael:

I like the LST. I very nearly bought one a few months back- it was brand new, in the shop and the buyer had failed to make the payments for it. It was going for a very low price, but someone got in before me....

This Version 2 Mach engine - what have they changed to make it less prone to self-destruct?

What are these FOC kits?
hey horatio,thanks

from what i have been told is the rods for a run of these engines were being made outside the main assy. plant and the q.c. wasnt up to snuff (i.e. tollerences were not being checked properly)this allowed the one way bearing inside to rock back and forth and flycutting the rod in the process my first motor lasted almost three gallons the new one i bought barely made it to 13 tanks. DAZLST1 went through 5 motors and dirtdemon has gone through a couple,i know a couple of people that have the mach 26 with the backplate installed for bump starting who have had no problems at all.this also happened to my sportwerks 26 same exact problem but the good news is it looks like they have it licked since the motors have gone out of our lhs not a single one has come back.

the foc,this is the tranny conversion,forward only conversion it removes all the extra gears and sliders im betting we lose close to a pound of rotating mass with this kit i havent weighed em yet but a lot of gears came out.

steven
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds promising!

I mate of mine put the conrod through the side of the casing on his LST's mach 26 - it was most impressive!! It punched right through - like a hot knife through butter. I hope these new engines have all the problems resolved. I have to say, the LST's straight line speed is impressive for such a big truck. If the engines behave now, maybe the LST will get the credit it deserves.

I know that years ago, Tmaxx owners removed all the reverse gubbins to shed some rotating mass for racing.

Seems like it must be a good thing to do on the LST too, especially if they're going to be raced.

I'll be on the look out for MK II LSTs from now on...... It's a nice looking truck and should compliment my Savage well! Both the Savage and the LST have a nice burly quality about them that certain other MT's just don't have.

Roughly how much does this FOC conversion cost?

Regards

Horatio
Old 08-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Sounds promising!

I mate of mine put the conrod through the side of the casing on his LST's mach 26 - it was most impressive!! It punched right through - like a hot knife through butter. I hope these new engines have all the problems resolved. I have to say, the LST's straight line speed is impressive for such a big truck. If the engines behave now, maybe the LST will get the credit it deserves.

I know that years ago, Tmaxx owners removed all the reverse gubbins to shed some rotating mass for racing.

Seems like it must be a good thing to do on the LST too, especially if they're going to be raced.

I'll be on the look out for MK II LSTs from now on...... It's a nice looking truck and should compliment my Savage well! Both the Savage and the LST have a nice burly quality about them that certain other MT's just don't have.

Roughly how much does this FOC conversion cost?

Regards

Horatio
think they were quick with the gears in there,wait till you see one with the foc in it.mine was very snappy on the bottom and top end increased as well and when i was done i could spin the tranny like me xxx-t and it just seemed to want to keep going VERY free.

they were 26.99 usd here,so not to bad considering how much it frees up.
steven
Old 08-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the useful info. Hopefully I'll have an LST to add to my fleet soon !
Old 08-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the useful info. Hopefully I'll have an LST to add to my fleet soon !
hey, not a problem glad i could help,get the truck you wont be dissappointed
steven
Old 08-25-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default LST --- FLEX TEC

DOES ANY ONE HAVE THIS YET??? (FLEX TEC UPPER AND LOWER ARMS)
IS THE RPM BETTER THAN THIS??
MY SET UP:
- FORWARD ONLY KIT ( AWESOME DRIVE FASTER )
- THREADED SHOCKS ( MUST HAVE )
- ALUMINUM DIFF COVER ( MAINLY FOR DISPLAY ONLY )
- METAL GEAR CONVERSION KIT TI ( HAS BIG APPETITE )
- LST ALUMINUM CLUTCH SHOES ( REACTS FASTER MUST HAVE )
- SECINDARY COVER ( ONLY THE LEXAN GOOD ENOUGH )
- PRO LINE COMMANDO - MADE BY WELD RACING ( AWESOME )
** RIGHT NOW IM RUNNING THIS THRUCK ON ROAD WITH WELD RIMS AND ROAD RAGE 40 SERIES TIRES ZOOM ZOOM...

TO FOLLOW UPGARDE
- PEAK RACING DIABLO .28 OR
- SIRIO .27 PRO..
ANY COMMENTS ON THIS GUYS.....??????

I'M NEW ... FROM TORONTO
THANK YOU SO MUCH.. GUYS
Old 08-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LST BAYAN
MY SET UP:
** RIGHT NOW IM RUNNING THIS THRUCK ON ROAD WITH WELD RIMS AND ROAD RAGE 40 SERIES TIRES ZOOM ZOOM...

TO FOLLOW UPGARDE
- SIRIO .27 PRO..

I'M NEW ... FROM TORONTO
THANK YOU SO MUCH.. GUYS
Welcome to RCtech!!

Your LST sounds awesome. How did you get on with the Mach .26?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LST BAYAN
MY SET UP:

TO FOLLOW UPGARDE
- SIRIO .27 PRO..

I'M NEW ... FROM TORONTO
THANK YOU SO MUCH.. GUYS
hey thanks for replying to this thread and welcome,

i like the rpm arms,what i dont like is having to go out and buy to lunsford ti links to beef up the swiss cheese links that come with it.the good news? me and dazlst1 have found you only need to do the front ones the rears dont bend but the fronts twist like a pretzel.

the flex teks sound interesting its just swallowing the price,no one around our track has them.

the alum. diff covers are amust have upgrade the stock ones crack from the load being put on them and if you want it to react even better put fluid in the diffs even more bite.

i was thinking about the commandos my concern would be weight and durability as far as the rings go havent seen a set yet so cant comment but how many time can you unscrew it and put it back on before it wears out?

the ti ni gear set is awesome i ran mine for close to a gallon of fuel and they look almost new still.

as for motor im kinda in the same boat,but the one im waiting for is the OS 30 VG it looks wicked and the guy on the thread said it was a beats in his savage cant wait to see this motor.

talk at you guys later
steven
Old 08-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

well the forward only kit is in,the servos are going in tonight and the motor is going after that.all thats left is to paint the body and im done.cant wait to get this beast on the track and see what she'll do.

look out daz and demon it looks like i will just make it in time to start the new series and if this NR28 has no guts top end the mach will be going in...STAT

dirt demon i hope to see you out there tomorrow there have been some changes out there since you were last out,and there are more in the pipeline so keep a heads up and get that lst dirty already.

and DAZLST1 keep screwing with me and im going to have to get a revo and whup up on you j/k

steven
Old 08-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
and DAZLST1 keep screwing with me and im going to have to get a revo and whup up on you j/k

steven
Revo? Don't make me laugh - all the MGT / Savage drivers whip the Revo's where we race......

Stick to proper MTs like the Savage and LST's and race like you mean business!

(J/K - just keeping the Traxass/HPI rivalry alive )
Old 08-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Tech Elite

Revo? Don't make me laugh - all the MGT / Savage drivers whip the Revo's where we race......

Stick to proper MTs like the Savage and LST's and race like you mean business!

(J/K - just keeping the Traxass/HPI rivalry alive )
good one

just a little inside joke between me and DAZLST1 and to try and get him riled up before the race tomorrow
steven
Old 08-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation LST

My LST

Old 08-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

nice bro!!!!!

but doesnt that pit mat attract too much attention?.... j/k man but that thing is LOUD
steven
Old 08-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default LST

Here's a picture of my LST racer. I use a crowdpleazer body now, this is my nice one, that i do acctually run It's an F150 EXT by Proline. One of my favorite bodies that i've painted.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

hey,
very nice thanks for posting and welcome.

come on guys keep em coming i will be painting mine this weekend as soon as its done ill post pics,i just finished the foc,the servos and im about to drop in the motor.
steven

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.