Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
TEAM LOSI LST official thread >

TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Like Tree2Likes

TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Old 08-19-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

dirtdemon,

what are the new tyres pro-line have released? are they the same diameter as the stock LST ones?

thanx
Old 08-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default From the Pro-line site

Crime Fighter 40 Series Tire

Pro-Line’s Monster Truck Crime Fighter series of tires is now complete with the release of the 40 Series Crime Fighter for Pro-Line’s exclusive line-up of 40 Series wheels.

The debut of the Crime Fighter MT tire was a huge success. Pro-Line’s own Chad Bradley dominated round 2 of the Pro Series west division in Canby, Oregon by nearly one lap. When asked what he attributed the win to he stated “My truck never felt so good. I’m pretty sure it had something to do with the Crime Fighter MT’s.” Now, for all you Low Profile 40 Series fans, you can have that same feeling with the new 40 Series Crime Fighter.

The new 40 Series Crime Fighter offers the same National Championship tread designed accompanied on the 1:8 version. It is designed to give your monster truck slightly more side bite while not sacrificing forward bite. It is also accompanied by a slightly larger sidewall than the 40 Series Bow Tie making it less susceptible to bumpy/rutty conditions.

When you’re looking for another choice in 40 Series, race ready tire treads, then check out Pro-Line’ all-new 40 Series Crime Fighter tire.

Features:
· Slightly larger sidewall for more controllable/consistent side bite
· Made from super-soft M2 compound
· Fits Pro-Line’s exclusive 40 Series wheels
· National Championship winning tread design

40 Series Crime Fighter Part #1122-00 $30.00/pr.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Originally Posted by dirtdemon
Steven,

Did your FOC come in at Hobbytown? I've had mine on order for weeks. I'll get back in town tomorrow and head straight from the Airport to get it.

Xtreme,

I just read about the Crimefighters. Was wondering how they compare in size to the Pythons. Figures I just got my bow ties glued and pro-line releases a taller tire. Please let us know how you like em.

dirtdemon
no,the first two i ordered came from there(i let my buddy have one for his truck,thats him that put the pic of his above)this last one came from cycle art.

call before you go they have a nasty habit of not calling people when the orders come in.

the crime fighters(standard maxx size) are the same as the standard bow ties except they have a narrower profile so they dont roll over as bad, the 40 series ones i think are gonna be too much for our track because of the increased side bite they offer but the are the same size as the others.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I'll call first. And thanks for the info on the Crimefighters. I was kinda interested because I thought they would help with the gear ratio being touted as taller. I think though that my next set of tires will be the Pythons.

Did your FOC kit come with plugs for the top of the tranny? I saw that these plugs are available separately at Horizon.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

yes,
the kit comes complete with everything you need,only trouble i had was they give you a plug/cover for the bottom hole and it has tape on one side so i ca'ed mine in place to keep it there other than that it dropped right in.

for some reason right now were seeing that the 40 series rims and tires are having some issues with the track, it seems to have to much side bite and is causing the trucks to traction roll,what i did with mine was go to the softest spring and played with the oil till i got it to roll more i was going to take the sways off it to try that but i put it up for sale before i tried it.

best bet, bring it out and try it to see if it fits your style and change it from there,the crimefighters for the maxx size should work good and with the less side wall it should not roll as much might be worth a try.
steven
Old 08-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Uncontrollable Truck

Hey guys new but old to the forum. Posted a long time ago about something else but anyway i just bought my first MT and it had to be the LST. Well i got the engine broke in and all of a sudden i couldn't controll the truck. The servos will sit and twitch and some times i can give it a little gas and turn the wheels they nothing. Im not sure what it could be do any of you have any ideas?

Did anyone else move there Batter from the Original location? If so whats the best place to put it?

Thanks,
Tim
Old 08-22-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dirtdemon
Hey ya... I have seen that truck...in my rear view mirror.

I'm kidding of course. But I do recognize the truck. There may be enough of us in here to start an LST club. I got two acres of land crying out for a Track. I cut a small track but it is overgrown with weeds now and my favorite rental place on Highway 41 closed down. I guess thats as good an excuse as any to buy a tractor to build a track.

Until then I'll see ya at the Hobbytown track...

dirtdemon
Yeah in your rear view mirror when I was about to lap you, In Practice!!!! If I remenber correctly you didnt stick around long enough to race. Im just kidding of course... Get that truck up and running and bring it out.. The new track is nice. Im going to run my LST next Friday and see how it does. IF its not another bash class... Anyways looking forward to seeing your ride. Oh and by the way StevenMichael has seen my POS LST, to bad its almost identical to his!!!
Old 08-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ymmit07
Hey guys new but old to the forum. Posted a long time ago about something else but anyway i just bought my first MT and it had to be the LST. Well i got the engine broke in and all of a sudden i couldn't controll the truck. The servos will sit and twitch and some times i can give it a little gas and turn the wheels they nothing. Im not sure what it could be do any of you have any ideas?

Did anyone else move there Batter from the Original location? If so whats the best place to put it?

Thanks,
Tim
Tim best thing to do is buy a 5 cell flat pack and mount it underneath in the carrier. Id say check your connections between switch and batteries Ive had similar trouble and found either my 5 cell flat pack was broken causing intermitenant trouble or my red conector was loose.Ive also heard ther was a bad batch of servos that left J.R. Racing and H.H. is exchanging them. Hope you get it fixed Its a fun Truck.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by stevenmichael
yes,
the kit comes complete with everything you need,only trouble i had was they give you a plug/cover for the bottom hole and it has tape on one side so i ca'ed mine in place to keep it there other than that it dropped right in.

for some reason right now were seeing that the 40 series rims and tires are having some issues with the track, it seems to have to much side bite and is causing the trucks to traction roll,what i did with mine was go to the softest spring and played with the oil till i got it to roll more i was going to take the sways off it to try that but i put it up for sale before i tried it.

best bet, bring it out and try it to see if it fits your style and change it from there,the crimefighters for the maxx size should work good and with the less side wall it should not roll as much might be worth a try.
steven

Dirt Demon, The only trouble I had with my FOC was the rubber plugs. The rubber plugs really do fit in those holes.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Adept

Daz, you remember right. I was planning on racing my T-Maxx that night and tumbled it off the big jump. It sheared off the stainless screws holding the rear bumper on and snapped a tie rod. The T-Maxx was my first project and I learned a lot of lessons on building a racer. I dumped a mint into Integy upgrades and do I ever regret it. It's real pretty but about as functional as a Lead Zepplin. The week before I also ran into problems when the pins came out of the MIPs. Really made a mess out that expensive Integy chassis. I shrinkwrapped the axles to fix this problem but the dang thing doesn't fly straight with all that aluminum. I learned my lesson with the LST and am sticking to plastic except where absolutely necessary.

Except for the obvious issues with building a show truck and thinking it suitable for a race track, I have had real good luck with the 40 series bow-ties on the T-Maxx so I thought it a good option for the LST. They were a massive improvement over stock. Sounds like I should have consulted with the veterans of the track first.

Anyway thanks for the tips. From the looks of it, the LST won't be ready for Friday but I may bring out the T-Maxx to see what else I can break.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default New to nitro

Hey guys. I'm looking to buy an LST pretty soon (probably on my way home from work tonight. I have very little patience when it comes to waiting for a new toy) and I have a question about which receiver pack to buy. I don't want to use AA batteries for the receiver. So which style of receiver pack will fit the stock battery box? I would like to buy everything at once while I'm at the hobby shop. Also, is there anything else I should get while I'm there? I've been racing touring cars and pan cars for 13 years but this is my first introduction to nitro. I love racing indoor carpet, but I wanted something to drive around at home or behind my workplace for fun. I figured the LST would make a good entry into the nitro scene.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy an LST pretty soon (probably on my way home from work tonight. I have very little patience when it comes to waiting for a new toy) and I have a question about which receiver pack to buy. I don't want to use AA batteries for the receiver. So which style of receiver pack will fit the stock battery box? I would like to buy everything at once while I'm at the hobby shop. Also, is there anything else I should get while I'm there? I've been racing touring cars and pan cars for 13 years but this is my first introduction to nitro. I love racing indoor carpet, but I wanted something to drive around at home or behind my workplace for fun. I figured the LST would make a good entry into the nitro scene.
as long as the truck you buy has the truck of the year by car action on the box then it will have the ver. 2 motor in it and you will be good to go.

but the 5cell flat pack and put it under the chassis in the holder if you want more run time buy a hump pack and put it under the tank then when one goes dead unplug it and plug the new one in.
good luck to you
steven
Old 08-22-2005, 05:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fixed

As dumb as it may sound I fixed the truck and all it was, was the batteries needed to be changed on the truck. I didn't think that just breaking in the truck would also cost me in batteries. I managed to mount my 5 cell hump pack from my AE RC10GT to the front of the front bulk head.

Has anyone had a problem with the roto start not catching and turning over the engine?

Any suggestions of better tires for the truck? I usually am running on dirt/pavement mix.

Thanks for the help.
Tim
Old 08-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Default Batteries

Since we are on the topic of batteries, I found this little gem in the LSTCentral forum. I got mine in the mail this week. Not sure you would want the extra weight for a racer but very cool for bashing all day.

http://www.onlybatterypacks.com/show...temID=10547.24
Old 08-23-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Stevenmichael:

I like the LST. I very nearly bought one a few months back- it was brand new, in the shop and the buyer had failed to make the payments for it. It was going for a very low price, but someone got in before me....

This Version 2 Mach engine - what have they changed to make it less prone to self-destruct?

What are these FOC kits?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service