Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Will try the diff pin deal, hope this does it. its driving me crazy!!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:32 PM
Tech Rookie

reddishdsb, does your LST make the noise all the time or only when you hit the brakes. I've never had any problem with mine locking up, just the crunching noise when I hit the brakes. The foc kit eliminates one of the spider gears for the outdrives on the tranny, doesn't it? which might explain why Steve's is a bit quieter.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i have the foc also, no it does not do it all the time. it can be fine then run a
tank pull it in and it will be making the ratcheting noise. you push it back
and fourth and sometimes the wheels will lock up.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

If it was me I would pull the tranny and check the screw that holds the pinion gear in the tranny.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Actually I have had the truck lock up when I push it around not running. Steve what pins are you talking about, same with the cup you replaced? I'm looking at the exploded view in my manual, do you have part numbers. 2D, are you talking about the screw that goes into part #B3115 in the tranny?
Old 12-30-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

talkin bout lockin up...don't put a diff in upside down.......hahaha
Old 12-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by too much
Actually I have had the truck lock up when I push it around not running. Steve what pins are you talking about, same with the cup you replaced? I'm looking at the exploded view in my manual, do you have part numbers. 2D, are you talking about the screw that goes into part #B3115 in the tranny?
the pins are the ones the spider gears rest on theres two of them in the diff cup.

i noticed when i cleaned the cups out the slots in the cup that the pins slide into at the bottom of the slot it was "wollered" out

what this did was allow the diff gears(the spider ones) would rock back and forth thus binding the diff.

i thought it was in the brakes also,but when mine got really bad it did it without any input from the brakes.

on my first lst when i installed the FOC i noticed the screw came out on the little gear luckily it got stuck in a big glob of grease and didnt get ground up in the gears
Old 12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

reddishdsb, does your LST make the noise all the time or only when you hit the brakes. I've never had any problem with mine locking up, just the crunching noise when I hit the brakes. The foc kit eliminates one of the spider gears for the outdrives on the tranny, doesn't it? which might explain why Steve's is a bit quieter.
for me my tranny devloped a whine when i installed the FOC,the only thing i can attribute this to is all the noice was being canceled out by the sliders and pins and all the other BS that was in there now all there is is 2 gears and a ring gear and a pinion.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mike m
talkin bout lockin up...don't put a diff in upside down.......hahaha

i used to put my t-maxx one in wrong all the time

on a side note has anyone flipped the 2 gears to get a little more top end?

i did and i think it really helps with the 40 series tires you gain what you lost when going to the smaller tires.
Old 12-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Yes!!! B3115, I've had two out of three FOC have that screw back out. I will never do one again without locktite in paste form and letting it setup for at least 4 hours before use.

I always flip the gears, more speed with 40series on a LST is always good.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LSTracerX
One thing I just remembered, when you change to the alum. cases, you usually have to change the shim to the other side. I just can't imagine why the spur/pinion in the dif would be slipping like that unless the mesh isnt quite right. So, maybe there were a bad batch of alum. cases that went out... If its the spider gears making that noise, then the plastic cups are worn. That would be worth a check too. New Era Models, and Team Blue Star (on eBay) both make aluminum cups, and both are high quality. If you want bullit proof, get the sportsworks TiNi coated hardened steel pinion and spur to go along with the aluminum cups. They are made for the Mayhem ST, but are the exact same as the stock LST. I got mine from eHobbies.com for $62 with 2 day shipping (front and rear set).

Good luck!
Great Tip on the Mayhem parts. I'm all over that. Since we are on the topic, are there any other gear ratio options/tips for dealing with the shorter tires like the FOC gear "flipping" trick that Steven and 2D provided?
Old 12-31-2005, 08:41 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Hey I got the losi threaded shock bodies. The shock caps don't thread all the way down like the stockers. It stops above the o-rings. Is this the way they're supposed to be? They're on straight and leak from the top
Old 12-31-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by LSTracerX
One thing I just remembered, when you change to the alum. cases, you usually have to change the shim to the other side. I just can't imagine why the spur/pinion in the dif would be slipping like that unless the mesh isnt quite right. So, maybe there were a bad batch of alum. cases that went out... If its the spider gears making that noise, then the plastic cups are worn. That would be worth a check too. New Era Models, and Team Blue Star (on eBay) both make aluminum cups, and both are high quality. If you want bullit proof, get the sportsworks TiNi coated hardened steel pinion and spur to go along with the aluminum cups. They are made for the Mayhem ST, but are the exact same as the stock LST. I got mine from eHobbies.com for $62 with 2 day shipping (front and rear set).

Good luck!
LSTRacerX, it appear that you can get these for the ST and the Mayhem. The ST gears are 11/45 and the Mayhem are 13/43. I'm pretty sure that 13/43 is stock for the LST. Anyone? Would there be an advantage to taller gears?
Old 12-31-2005, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Hey I got the losi threaded shock bodies. The shock caps don't thread all the way down like the stockers. It stops above the o-rings. Is this the way they're supposed to be? They're on straight and leak from the top
one of mine did this also

PITA it would(the cap)would work on another body but not this one,the other caps would work on each other but not this one

i thought i was going out of my mind i ended up buying a new shock cap and it fixed the problem,for me i think the threads are too fine in the cap and once thay have been removed and replaced a couple times they"debur" themselves.

another thing the hard ano is a little thicker on the one i was having trouble with and i think it blunted the threads a bit.

all in all anew cap fixed this problem
Old 12-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ProjectLST
LSTRacerX, it appear that you can get these for the ST and the Mayhem. The ST gears are 11/45 and the Mayhem are 13/43. I'm pretty sure that 13/43 is stock for the LST. Anyone? Would there be an advantage to taller gears?
hey rick,

im pretty sure the lst is the 11/45 for the taller tires

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.