Search
Like Tree4Likes

TEAM LOSI LST official thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2005, 02:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default RPM Gear Cover

I installed the Ti-ni gears also, but I would be too concerned that a little rock could ruin my whole day (and a $60 set of gears) not to cover them up.

Oh ya, on the roto start setup you will of course need an HPI rotostart since the Losy one won't work. Also, don't use the backplate mounting screws Crispy Critters includes. Mine were too small and would have stripped the RB backplate had I used them. The cost was around $100 including the rotostart wand.

I'm hoping the 333 Hitec isn't overkill. I found a thread on lstcentral where a guy was successful using this servo with the associated saver.

Rick (dirtdemon)
Old 08-15-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (95%+)

Originally Posted by dirtdemon
I installed the Ti-ni gears also, but I would be too concerned that a little rock could ruin my whole day (and a $60 set of gears) not to cover them up.

Oh ya, on the roto start setup you will of course need an HPI rotostart since the Losy one won't work. Also, don't use the backplate mounting screws Crispy Critters includes. Mine were too small and would have stripped the RB backplate had I used them. The cost was around $100 including the rotostart wand.

I'm hoping the 333 Hitec isn't overkill. I found a thread on lstcentral where a guy was successful using this servo with the associated saver.

Rick (dirtdemon)
the gears are pretty strong,havent had a problem yet.

the setup looks good but im waiting for the tiger drive system which is coming out soon i hope,the nr based unit i can get for around 65.00 which is identical to the tiger drive.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

hey rick,
are you having the same problem i did when trying to mount the novarossi 28 in the lst?

i have the aftermarket hard ano. mounts and the bottom of the motor hits the chassis so i had to shim it up,with this lst im making to shims that run the length of the mount so it mounts more solid.

anyone else have problems like this?
steven
Old 08-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rotostart and NR mounts

The tiger drive coming out and the NR setup won't work well (maybe there are newer models I'm not aware of?). The input gears don't face to the rear of the engine so you will play hell trying to get the wand into the gear from the front of the truck. I have seen pictures of guys doing it but I wanted something that would face out over the pipe like the Mach setup. Granted it was expensive but worth it for the hassle. I decided against ever going back to the Mach when mine grenaded on the third tank and having read about the poor quality control. Mine was not even the infamous washer, it was the crank bearing that disintegrated. I know the Mach .28 is due for release soon but I just lost trust. Horizon sent me a brand new replacement but it sits on my shelf waiting to get listed on eBay. Literally all the top engine modifiers swear by the NR and the RB for high quality. Check out the following links

www.ebmods.com
http://www.fusionmotorsports.com/history.html

Mine is a bottom of the line NR (528XSP) but I went this route because besides being reasonably priced, it has three ports versus the expensive 8 port models and is supposed to be better on the bottom end which suits my driving style (races won in the corners ya know). Anyway when I wear this one out maybe my driving abilities will warrant a Top 8 port model.

I did have to shim up the Hard Anodized mounts. (Nick warned me of this at Hobbytown. I'll bet he found out through you . He also said this guy he knows is running the Trinity Platinum (8% oil) fuel, is that you? I was afraid to use such low oil content so I went with the Trinity Horsepower which is 12%. Anyway, I just used 4 small washers to shim up the mounts and checked the clearance with a straight edge ruler. It clears fine now.

Rick
Old 08-15-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

The tiger drive coming out and the NR setup won't work well (maybe there are newer models I'm not aware of?). The input gears don't face to the rear of the engine so you will play hell trying to get the wand into the gear from the front of the truck. I have seen pictures of guys doing it but I wanted something that would face out over the pipe like the Mach setup. Granted it was expensive but worth it for the hassle. I decided against ever going back to the Mach when mine grenaded on the third tank and having read about the poor quality control. Mine was not even the infamous washer, it was the crank bearing that disintegrated. I know the Mach .28 is due for release soon but I just lost trust. Horizon sent me a brand new replacement but it sits on my shelf waiting to get listed on eBay. Literally all the top engine modifiers swear by the NR and the RB for high quality. Check out the following links

www.ebmods.com
http://www.fusionmotorsports.com/history.html

Mine is a bottom of the line NR (528XSP) but I went this route because besides being reasonably priced, it has three ports versus the expensive 8 port models and is supposed to be better on the bottom end which suits my driving style (races won in the corners ya know). Anyway when I wear this one out maybe my driving abilities will warrant a Top 8 port model.

I did have to shim up the Hard Anodized mounts. (Nick warned me of this at Hobbytown. I'll bet he found out through you . He also said this guy he knows is running the Trinity Platinum (8% oil) fuel, is that you? I was afraid to use such low oil content so I went with the Trinity Horsepower which is 12%. Anyway, I just used 4 small washers to shim up the mounts and checked the clearance with a straight edge ruler. It clears fine now.

Rick
evidently they are coming out with one that will change the angle of the input i guess well see.
i like the nr for the quality but the 3port just doesnt seem to have the punch the mach does,ive got a little more than 13 tanks through it and im getting ready to put about a half gallon through it to see if it gets better as its broke in(they are famous for coming in around the 1 gallon mark)so we'll see.

i just didnt like how much vibration i got from shimming with washers thats why im doing it this way now,yeah im using trinity platnium 30% so far best fuel ive used.ive tried blue thunder,top fuel,hpi power fuel,sidewinder,and white lightning so far i like trinity best.

ive had both motors apart and so far it looks like the mach starter assy. will work but again ill need machine work done to the one way shaft.
steven
Old 08-15-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1 Xtreme R/C
This is what I'm using, same ones have made it sevral big race weekends and lots of club racing.

Kyosho shoes Part #-IFW52

Kyosho sprigs Part #-IFW53M

The stock ones are junk, I broke 2 of the 3 springs before I had a gallon through it.
apart from reliability, does this clutch offer any real proformance gain?

thanx
Old 08-15-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by miks vones2
apart from reliability, does this clutch offer any real proformance gain?

thanx
you can tune the clutch to your liking by adding weight to the shoes and stiffer springs.

i had a problem with my clutch right off the bat,since then no issues at all i believe they used a weak(cheaper cost)material for the springs and have since fixed it.
i know i didnt have any issues with my mayhem clutch and they are identical

steven
Old 08-15-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Engine Mount Shims

Hmmm. Since I have never run the engine I didn't know about vibration with the shims. Please do post how your mod works. If Tigerdrive or NR does release a rear input backplate then we will have to be sure to be the first on our block to try it.

BTW. I have installed the Envy Clutch. It fit like a glove and I hope it lives up to the hype.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Hmmm. Since I have never run the engine I didn't know about vibration with the shims. Please do post how your mod works. If Tigerdrive or NR does release a rear input backplate then we will have to be sure to be the first on our block to try it.

BTW. I have installed the Envy Clutch. It fit like a glove and I hope it lives up to the hype.
well i could tell running it there was more vibration than normal,and when i go to temp it my temp gun has like a nozzle on it when i set it down in the glow plug area it makes a loud ringing sound from the vibration.

this time im putting a shim the length of the mounting pad so the vibration shouold go away.

as far as the clutch goes, again since the initial isssue nothing since so im going with alum. shoes this time.

steven
Old 08-17-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default HERES MY RACER!

HEY DUDE, IM FROM FRESNO TOO!! MAYBE YOU HAVE SEEN MY RACER AROUND! HERES A PIC. LOOK FAMILIAR????

Old 08-17-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Familiar

Hey ya... I have seen that truck...in my rear view mirror.

I'm kidding of course. But I do recognize the truck. There may be enough of us in here to start an LST club. I got two acres of land crying out for a Track. I cut a small track but it is overgrown with weeds now and my favorite rental place on Highway 41 closed down. I guess thats as good an excuse as any to buy a tractor to build a track.

Until then I'll see ya at the Hobbytown track...

dirtdemon
Old 08-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DAZLST1
HEY DUDE, IM FROM FRESNO TOO!! MAYBE YOU HAVE SEEN MY RACER AROUND! HERES A PIC. LOOK FAMILIAR????

no i dont think ive seen that pos...lol oh wait arent you the one that got tore up by a revo in bakersfield?....j/k daz

looks like you need to clean your truck dude,maybe thats whats slowing you down

hey give me a call later,we still on for thursday? the mayhem is about put together its up as a roller now installed the v-spec last night installing the shocks tonight and starting the breakin hopefully i can finish it at the track.
steven
Old 08-18-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

just an update to keep the thread at the top

well i got the foc kit yesterday and ill be getting my servo next week so a little paint and some final assy. and she will be ready to go

come on guys lets see some pics of your lst racers or even your bashers makes no difference to mee

talk to you all later
steven
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just got my FOC conversion also. And my new servo, the new JR Z9000T......282 OZ of Torque at .15 transit time

Also got TiN shock shafts and some Crimefighter MT's.

Gonna do some wrenching this afternoon and leave for a two day race tonight.

Oh, and the most important mod.....having a vinyl windshield banner sticker cut that says "REVO EATER"

I'll post a pic when I get back from the race.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default FOC\CrimeFighters

Steven,

Did your FOC come in at Hobbytown? I've had mine on order for weeks. I'll get back in town tomorrow and head straight from the Airport to get it.

Xtreme,

I just read about the Crimefighters. Was wondering how they compare in size to the Pythons. Figures I just got my bow ties glued and pro-line releases a taller tire. Please let us know how you like em.

dirtdemon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.