Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redcat terremoto ??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 09:38 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Im gonna give it a shot...

Hello all, I'm brand new here, amd have only gotten back into RC after about a 12 year hiatus.
My 2 cents on the whole thread...
I apologize for the length but I see this banter a lot in many different hobbies...
I have yet to own a single rc that didnt break, and often if you're aggressive with it.
They will ALL break. And from my obsessive research it seems that everything will need replacement/upgrade parts from stock.
I have an Arrma Raider running 2s lipo, a brushless 3k system, and a brushless Dromida MT4.18.
I sky them over big jumps and break them both often.
It is partially down to luck as well. My Dromida has been upgraded with a ton of metal and breaks almost every time I drive it, but is getting better. But I broke a hub after a tiny roll one day, ordered alumium ones and have not broken one since, with much worse and frequent abuse... Go figure. A arms, tie rods and other stuff, but no hub. I've seen the same from others and other cars.
Amd I agree with the comments about haters. ABSOLUTELY TRUE! I'm involved in a few expensive hobbies and it's always the same. People who have expensive big name stuff bashing "lesser" equipment just because its not big box. Even though most of those people have zero experience with the object of their distain.
Im getting a Terremoto because it's a brushless rtr 4wd beast for $280. That's less than half of a Revo at the same store. Thats $320 I can spend in upgrades/spares over time as I can afford it. It will break, but so will the Revo, I guarantee it. Just google Revo problems or any other expensive car and you'll see plenty of issues, even right out of the box. Youre going to break stuff and spend money in this hobby, no matter what you get. Yes there is some some ultra cheap crap I'd avoid, but Redcat isn't one of them.
Lets not forget Traxxas' very humble and trash talked beginnings.
Cheers and have fun!!!
Old 03-02-2017, 10:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Originalkontrol
Hello all, I'm brand new here, amd have only gotten back into RC after about a 12 year hiatus.
My 2 cents on the whole thread...
I apologize for the length but I see this banter a lot in many different hobbies...
I have yet to own a single rc that didnt break, and often if you're aggressive with it.
They will ALL break. And from my obsessive research it seems that everything will need replacement/upgrade parts from stock.
I have an Arrma Raider running 2s lipo, a brushless 3k system, and a brushless Dromida MT4.18.
I sky them over big jumps and break them both often.
It is partially down to luck as well. My Dromida has been upgraded with a ton of metal and breaks almost every time I drive it, but is getting better. But I broke a hub after a tiny roll one day, ordered alumium ones and have not broken one since, with much worse and frequent abuse... Go figure. A arms, tie rods and other stuff, but no hub. I've seen the same from others and other cars.
Amd I agree with the comments about haters. ABSOLUTELY TRUE! I'm involved in a few expensive hobbies and it's always the same. People who have expensive big name stuff bashing "lesser" equipment just because its not big box. Even though most of those people have zero experience with the object of their distain.
Im getting a Terremoto because it's a brushless rtr 4wd beast for $280. That's less than half of a Revo at the same store. Thats $320 I can spend in upgrades/spares over time as I can afford it. It will break, but so will the Revo, I guarantee it. Just google Revo problems or any other expensive car and you'll see plenty of issues, even right out of the box. Youre going to break stuff and spend money in this hobby, no matter what you get. Yes there is some some ultra cheap crap I'd avoid, but Redcat isn't one of them.
Lets not forget Traxxas' very humble and trash talked beginnings.
Cheers and have fun!!!
Don't do it,,, it's a fun truck,, but WILL not hold up to anything more than driving in your flat front yard.

Spend you money on a name brand,, you can thank me later.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Terremoto 10 V2

I'm with you.original....... I've ordered a red V2. Let me know how your went. Redcat just recently upgraded it with a 80amp ESC and Dean's connections. Can't beat the price and do you remember when Traxxas was cheap Crap in the 80's? Traxxas must be worrying about them, they have them in court enough. The steering needs upgrading.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:50 PM
Bri
Tech Regular

Redcat is making solid products these days. The Redcat Terremoto-10 V2 is really good out of the box. The only thing to consider as far as upgrades would be the optional center diff filled with some 300K fluid and the steering mod.

Best regards,
Brian
Old 04-18-2019, 02:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by GRIMREAPER
I been looking to get a brushless truck been looking into the Redcat terremoto. I went to my LHS and was told that they break easily and are pretty much not worth getting. From what i seen the truck can take a beating.
Dose anyone have any input on redcat products. is it a good buy
man this thing is a beast. Like anything else some upgrades will eliminate any kinks. Im the only redcat owner amongst traxxas n hpi friends and they admit this thing is a beast. I did some mods that eliminated all steering play and drift. Custom 4 link rear, changed center spur to upgraded center diff. All diffs got 1,000,000 diff fluid. This thing a beast. Only thing i do break if im throttle happy is axle and hub pins. N mine goes over 60mph!! Custom motor plate on 22t stock 17t. All other gears stock.