Like Tree1Likes

Losi XXL-2!!!

Old 03-04-2014, 04:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 98NYFINESTVETTE
The huge dilemma is - HPI or Losi?
Well, if you ask me, there is no question about it! Losi al the way!! I own both Savage X4.6 and Losi LST XXL and LST is one class above Savy. Better manufacturing quality, more stable, very hard to overturn and so on. And I LOVE that 454 engine
Old 03-09-2014, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The real question is...can it run e85? Because I want to save a dollar a gallon.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lemonader83
The real question is...can it run e85? Because I want to save a dollar a gallon.
Saving over $30 per gallon running gas instead of nitro isn't enough? Lol. As far as E85 compatability, I'd wait for an official answer. Losi lists 91 Octane pump on their site which could contain up to 10% ethanol depending on the time of year and your location. But E85 is 85% ethanol and unless the seals, the carb diaphragm/bladder and other things are made for that much ethanol they could disintegrate.

E85 could be interesting in this engine though. You need to inject more E85 than gas to get the same power. I'd think you could richen up the carb enough but your fuel mileage will go down compared to gas. But it burns cooler so temps may be less of a concern. E85 does like and/or allow more timing advance than gas in 4 strokes, not sure if the same would necessarily be true in a 2 stroke. I also wonder if the timing could be adjusted (through either the CDI box or the pickup) on the Losi engine.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Maybe I missed this someplace but this runs Straight Gas! No mixture of oil and gas correct. I cant wait to pair this with my original LST, all I see for the near future is we are stuck with "ONE" engine for this truck until more manufactures come out with gas motors, or I guess we could stick a reg Nitro back in there too

Whats the latest release date we have so far?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Booyah
Maybe I missed this someplace but this runs Straight Gas! No mixture of oil and gas correct. I cant wait to pair this with my original LST, all I see for the near future is we are stuck with "ONE" engine for this truck until more manufactures come out with gas motors, or I guess we could stick a reg Nitro back in there too

Whats the latest release date we have so far?
Only if you want to blow it up needs a gas and oil mix

Late May
Old 03-12-2014, 07:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Possible kits for other trucks????

I am excited about the gas engine technology coming out in monster trucks and I would like to have one, but I have quite an investment in several MGT's. I was wondering if anyone has heard or thinks there will be engine kits available to be able to install one in another brand truck? That would certainly be great.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BChiz
I am excited about the gas engine technology coming out in monster trucks and I would like to have one, but I have quite an investment in several MGT's. I was wondering if anyone has heard or thinks there will be engine kits available to be able to install one in another brand truck? That would certainly be great.
I seriously doubt Losi is going to make kits to install this engine into anything other than a Losi. I'm sure they'll offer a kit for the 8ight series though. If you watch the 2nd video it sounds like the flywheel is a little longer and the pipe is specific to this engine but is otherwise standard big block dimensions. That means it should be fairly easy to get it into another monster truck. I'm sure other manufacturers are looking into making their own 1/8 gas engines, maybe there will be an AE version in a year or 2.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

You can bet every other manufacture will be having a one as well--this is the next wave of RC--sit back and hold on
Old 03-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'm sure there will be others to come out with gas trucks. I would love to put one in one of my MGT's.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Based on what I've read, this gas engine should fit anywhere a big block nitro engine will. The only catch is figureing out where to mount the ignition box. The guy from losi said that the initial testing of this engine was done in a Losi truggy.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Booyah
You can bet every other manufacture will be having a one as well--this is the next wave of RC--sit back and hold on
Possibly, we've yet to see what kind of power this engine really makes compared to it's big block Nitro counterparts. If it's not good enough in the power department guys will be putting big block nitro engines in the truck to replace the stock gasser.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

That's what I would do..

This LRP 30 is awesome.. And the Picco Boost .28 or Novarossi .28 are possibly even better..
Old 03-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

I hope Losi will make some sort of conversion kit for the 8ight truggy family.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

We should be thankful if this 5cc two stroke engine would even produce 1hp. A 100cc moped/scooter barely makes 5hp.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vrooomvroom
We should be thankful if this 5cc two stroke engine would even produce 1hp. A 100cc moped/scooter barely makes 5hp.
Very true, but the moped motor won't twist even half of what the Losi motor will.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.