Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
people bit**ing about my savage >

people bit**ing about my savage

people bit**ing about my savage

Old 07-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default people bit**ing about my savage

playing with my new bought savage 1 month ago a woman playing baseball in
the park came over and told me to go and play some where else and it bugged me for a bite its a public park then today my as*hole neighbour told me to get a life and i just want to telll him where to go hes the one cutting grass at 7:00 am or cutting wood i am not complaning why do people have to woring my fun

Last edited by classic xl; 07-14-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Don't get too frustrated. Just don't run too early or late. What if you had a Harley and revved it up?! Try to keep the peace with your neighbors, but you have every right to run at your own home. There are regulations in some of our parks around here. I've got a permit to run in some of the parks but only in the parking lot.(no offroad).
Old 07-14-2005, 09:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i brang my rc car to the park and people were amazed but as just said try to have peace
Old 07-14-2005, 09:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default reply

first off I only run at 1pm so its not early and it's not late between 1- 5pm
so in my mind its all right if I were runing at 7 or 8 I would understand but 2 pm that I will never understand and these people don't give a crap whether or not they are bugging people during all hours of the day or night! Going on like the blue jays are playing baseball and cutting wood whatever hour they feel like. I do care and watch the time so these people can go you know where and as long as its not to early or too late when the young kids may be sleeping I don't really care, it's a public park maybe I need to cool off for a bit. sorry if I have affended any one. thanks for your opinion.

Last edited by classic xl; 07-14-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:39 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

usualy wherever i go people are amazed to see my truck.
you should be able to drive at a PUBLIC park, i do it all the time and i go into the baseball place and stuff, if some park officer or somthing came up and told me to stop or leave i would, but usualy there are none.

as for your neighbor, i think i would have told him off! (unless he is taller and stronger than i am, then i would refer to him at SIR) LOL
one again if you do it at a reasonable time i see no problem with it, whats he going to do?

and most people that have rc cars (adults anyways) do have a life and can afford to spend money on rc cars CAUSE THEY HAVE A LIFE
Old 07-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default reply

I am not trying to bug anyone but just have some fun and when i have more money I will buy a muffler thats quieter. I think its the big problem but i just don't understand why people have to ruin safe fun where theres no harm
to anyone its a cruel world out there lets make the best of it

Last edited by classic xl; 07-15-2005 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

just keep the pipe you have if they want your car queiter then let them pay for the pipe
Old 07-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default reply

I do want to do some little mods like get a servo fo revese but mostly performance but i have looked for another job but right now I am 19 years old and have car bills and truck driving school to pay for so cash flow is slow but there is some money and for little hours like 12 to 27 hours a week at A and p part time not doing to bad but down the road I will be buying a bigger engie and maybe just may keep that loud factory pipe just bug these people it it dosen't not bug any one else
Old 07-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Tech Adept

There will always be people telling you that what you do isn't the right thing to do.
I have had people abuse me for riding my bike on a bike track. Some people just like to abuse people.

Be polite and explain that public spaces are yours to use to. When it comes to what you do in your own place... also remember that politeness goes a long way, and is a lot eisier to explain to the boys in blue than a baseball bat.
Old 07-15-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

I think sometimes complaints made against people who use Nitro RC cars are justified. For example - if someone was using a RC car in a public place that was clearly not suitable - like outside a busy supermarket during opening hours. Or on a public highway, where the use of model cars is not only inconvenient but also potentially VERY dangerous.

To be honest, use of a model within your own personal space - like in your garden for example - shouldn't cause anyone any offence, provided that the times you use your model are not during anti-social hours. Likewise, in a public park where people use the space for recreational purposes (including driving RC cars), surely there is no reasonable ground for complaint? Unless the park specifically prohibits the use of RC vehicles, really the person who has made the complaint is being unreasonable.

Obviously, RC enthusiasts are part of a minority group/sport, so wherever possible, we should avoid confrontations with the general public, council or authorities etc. On the other hand, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be denied our right to use our RC models.

One obvious area for concern though remains - INSURANCE. Do you have insurance? And even if you do, if your truck was to injure someone at the park, would you be covered? If push comes to shove in an argument regarding 'responsible use' of RC models, the insurance issue is bound to be raised by anyone with a concerted argument against your using the truck in the public park.

If you know for sure (as in - absolutely CERTAIN) that this isn't a problem, by all means fight for your right. Otherwise, discretion is the better part of valour!

Time and time again, this is why it is recommended that people join their nearest club, get membership and more importantly - get insurance - normally through one of the governing bodies. Support your sport. While at your designated club, no one can touch you.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default reply

heres the deal i live in apartment building and theres a little forest and is also a park behine the complex the guy who is companing is siting on his yardhe also lives in a apartment I am playing on the other side of the long fense the problem is as every one knows the savage is very loud and this is whats bugging him
Old 07-15-2005, 09:52 PM
Tech Adept

yer that sux...i got a huge park near me so im right..
Old 07-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

most of the time when i run my car/truck, people are very interested in it, and quite frankly they like the loud noise they make. however, people are different. i agree that any time between 12pm and 5pm is "safe" running time. i get some flack from neighbors about the same thing, and i tell them they same thing, "why do you mow your lawn at 10am on a saturday when i am still sleeping in???". at that point the argument becomes a stalemate.

all in all, just blow them off and tell them to get some ear-mophs.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

hahahaha, same for me man! Well, I took my SAVAGE 25 to the park...PEOPLE were amazed to see such a toy ahhahahah. They didn't get mad, they came and looked...all them little kids watching my truck jump off little mountains....etc...only tiny bit here is my neightbor had a new born and just once asked me nicely if I could stop just for that day..I said yes no problem and turned it off.

It's all good though...they don't get mad and I know if the little kid is sleeping. (why did they have ....nevermind hahaha )

Yeah, just keep it cool.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 206 (100%+)

Just run it man!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.