Community
Wiki Posts
Search

kyosho giga crusher sf just after some info

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 12:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default kyosho giga crusher sf just after some info

Hello im new to the forum used to own a couple nitro cars before and just started geting bk into the hobby

What are the giga crushers like to handle. Are there still parts available for them. Is it difficult to convert the sf to df what woild be required to do this?

How much is the giga sf worth? Dont see any for sell apart from 2 on ebay in the us go8ng for around $900 bearing in mind there the dfs

Thanks
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Bump
Old 11-24-2013, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the dual engine and the single is the chassis plate and the parts attached to it like the throttle linkage and such. The Giga is a pretty old platform, idk how parts availability is. I've tried searching for parts on occasion to find the really cool air cleaner hoodscoop and not many parts show up at all. I'd try going to amain and other sites and search for Giga Crusher parts to see what's out there. Older Kyosho stuff isn't always very easy to find though.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Overdriven
I'm pretty sure the only difference between the dual engine and the single is the chassis plate and the parts attached to it like the throttle linkage and such. The Giga is a pretty old platform, idk how parts availability is. I've tried searching for parts on occasion to find the really cool air cleaner hoodscoop and not many parts show up at all. I'd try going to amain and other sites and search for Giga Crusher parts to see what's out there. Older Kyosho stuff isn't always very easy to find though.
I have just invested in the sf and would be cool to change it over to the df !! Im hoping that the chassis will be the same and it be just the case of moving it about abit..

Thanks for the reply and I manged to find a supplier after hours of searching Google think they where based in spain ?? Forgot now but have ordered a couple new things for it already.

Had a look for a new shell and they range in the 100 pound mark !!!
Old 11-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well if you have a SF just look at the chassis or motor plate and see if it's drilled for another engine. If it's not you can just drill yours to accept another engine. You may have to make a linkage if you can't find one. There's a guy Byronthunder something who knows quite a bit about older Kyosho trucks who may be able to help out too
Old 11-25-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Overdriven
Well if you have a SF just look at the chassis or motor plate and see if it's drilled for another engine. If it's not you can just drill yours to accept another engine. You may have to make a linkage if you can't find one. There's a guy Byronthunder something who knows quite a bit about older Kyosho trucks who may be able to help out too
Being impatient I have ordered it waiting for it to arrive haha but will be striping and rebuilding when it comes