Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
the classic flm emaxx and rpm build/comments & thoughts >

the classic flm emaxx and rpm build/comments & thoughts

the classic flm emaxx and rpm build/comments & thoughts

Old 11-30-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Got my truetrack on order and mbx5 wing mount and maximizeds and my mashers have have turned up
Old 12-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Regular

Hey guys I have been doing some research on these external BEC's and I plan to run 2 hi torque steering servos and the truck on two 2s batteries. I cannot find a video on how to wire this BEC with two batteries......? anyone got a suggestion thanks!
Old 12-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

And my second question is how are the two servos connected with the Rx to move in sync??
Old 12-03-2013, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The external Bec gets wired to the esc's input so it receives voltage from both batteries. If your esc is setup without a Y-harness this makes it slightly harder as you may have to extend the Bec wires but just connect the + Bec to the + esc wire and zip tie the Bec wire to the esc wire to make it neater. Don't forget to remove the red wire on the esc's servo lead!

Just use a Y-harness to connect the 2 servos to the reciever. The servos will move in unison without any calibrating. The key to running two servos is in the linkage and the rod that connects them is adjustable so they won't fight each other. The manual for the Emaxx details how to adjust it and is available online at Traxxas if you don't have it. The Bec can be plugged into the battery slot or any other slot on the reciever that's not being used.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:14 PM
Tech Regular

Alright kool thanks. Yeah I realized to pull that red wire out but wasn't sure by connecting two batteries in series how the bed is wired. I guess its not waterproof either but I will have the whole truck waterproof.....got any idea how to make the bed waterproof or maybe add extra connectors??
Old 12-04-2013, 05:27 AM
Tech Elite

Most external Bec's are shrink wrapped and are kinda open where the wires come out. You could find some different shrink tube to put over the whole thing or just put more shrink tubing over the ends where the wires come out to get a tighter fit. The easiest thing is to do is just use some silicone or something to seal up the ends where the wires come out. I'd say extend the wires and put it in the reciever box but there's no room in there as it is.

Why would you add extra connectors? Do you mean for the output of the Bec to connect lights and stuff? If so just use a Y-harness. Don't be afraid to get a 6" Y-harness and cut it up to suit your layout, just be sure to shrink wrap the splices.

Last edited by Overdriven; 12-04-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

I meant extra connectors so when I decide to go in water I could just unplug the bec then plug back in the ESC and be worry free but since you mentioned that, sounds good. I have a buddy who told me to use some electronic waterproofing dip liquid which sound good to but I didn't know how it would affect its ability to decipat heat if I sealed the bec
Old 12-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Idk about other Bec's but Castle's are rated with some airflow over them like in an aircraft. So their 10amp model needs a little airflow to be safe running with a 10amp load. I've done tests on a few servos and they generally draw on average .75amps with spikes up to about 1.25amps when the servo is stalled. So even a dual servo truck is going to be under 5amps of draw. I think the Bec will be fine sealed up. You could go with the dip waterproofing, just remember it does need to be reapplied periodically.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Alright I'll keep that in mind, if I fry the BEC is it possible that it could fry whatever it is powering like the servos and Rx? And by fry I mean by water or by over heating...
Old 01-01-2014, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Did you start your build?
Old 01-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Tech Regular

I get my taxes done in a few weeks I'm so excited then I can start my build. Maybe another month till I start buying parts. Its been a nail biter just waiting and scrolling thru a parts list till we receive some $$$....haha but I'm sure I have written everything done
Old 01-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

How has your maxx come along? You have some pics of the truck?
Old 01-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BuGgYBaShEr.28
How has your maxx come along? You have some pics of the truck?
I haven't got any pics because it says they are to big and I don't know how to resize them.Mines coming on well thanks.I still need to get the diffs,gearbox,electrics and motor,hexes and a few other little bits and pieces but its getting there.I just made some plates for where the batteries go on the flm chassi and for the other servo hole as I am only going to run one servo.I used plastic from an old water carton.I cut it to shape and carbon wrapped it and it looks good and should help protect the batteries incase something pokes up through the slots in the chassi.
Old 01-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

Kool deal sounds like its coming together. Again the anticipation on building one is crazy lol. I have heard of ppl using photo bucket to fix the images but I have yet to try it myself. I'm in the same boat when trying to upload photos of my buggy but try photo bucket
Old 01-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

I have tried photobucket but you have to link/paste?It mite aswell be written in another language lol.Yep I bet you cant wait to start the build.I am hoping to get mine to a roller next payday.The main thing I need at the mo to get it to a roller is the diffs.All the ones on ebay at the mo are silly postage so I am hoping some will turn up at a reasonable price soon.I have modded my rpm towers as I like to run my bodies quite low.I got the brushless edition black body.I am not sure if running a rear wing is going to put to much stress on the rpm bulk tho.Hopefully it wont snap the bulk on a bad tumble but if it does I will upgrade to flm bulks in the future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.