R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 11-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Emaxx Chevrons on a Summit???

Has anyone run the emaxx chevrons on the Summit? just wondering if the offset allows them to fit?
Flux4.6version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Don't know why you'd want to. The chevrons get very little traction on almost everything
Old 11-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Standard offset wheels will fit the Summit. The Summit wheels have 17mm hex though and Emaxx wheels have 14mm hex except for the brushless edition which is 17mm and the tires aren't Chevrons. That can be solved by buying the wheels and tires separate instead of premounted though.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
Standard offset wheels will fit the Summit. The Summit wheels have 17mm hex though and Emaxx wheels have 14mm hex except for the brushless edition which is 17mm and the tires aren't Chevrons. That can be solved by buying the wheels and tires separate instead of premounted though.

put some revo 14mm hex on and the chevrons, fit good but i think i might need different gearing with the smaller size tire.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upbasher View Post
Don't know why you'd want to. The chevrons get very little traction on almost everything
we are after the monster truck look to match the digger body, ive run the chevrons before and thought they had decent traction for stock tires.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Tech Apprentice

should i up the pinion a tooth or two before i drive it outside? i drove it in the kitchen a bit and its a wheelie monster right now....
Old 11-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Sounds like you have it figured out now, but ill post this video anyway. The Chevrons are a good tire. They have fair traction, wear FOREVER, and they actually handle good because they have a stiff/short sidewall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-My0A5Z8Fo
Old 11-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #8
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins Driver View Post
Sounds like you have it figured out now, but ill post this video anyway. The Chevrons are a good tire. They have fair traction, wear FOREVER, and they actually handle good because they have a stiff/short sidewall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-My0A5Z8Fo
thank you..... who would have ever thought that the e maxx tires have better traction then the summit tires. We ran it outside last night and it has good traction and power, the motor and esc were cold the entire run on 8.4v 5000mah batteries, ime sure i can up the pinion at least to a 16t....

funny thing is the trenchers are about 1.5" taller then the maxx tires but still has the same top end, ime guessing cause the beadlocks and trenchers are too heavy for a brushed rig, also with the maxx tires i got double the run time.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Lighter/shorter tires make a huge difference in handling and power. It really livens them up. The e-maxx tires definately had better traction in that video. Im sure it all depends on the surface, but they are fine for most things.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Shorter tires change the gearing also. That gives it more bottom end, more torque. Lock the difs and it would be a crawler for sure. The cleats are great for forward or backwards, but slide like crazy sideways. The cleats will flat rut up a nice yard, which tells me they are awesome on forward traction. Talons will spin. But for all around I chose the Talons. I've ran them both, Talons vs Cleats, T-Maxx and E-Maxx and that's what I've found.
spookie is offline   Reply With Quote