R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 11-08-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
Tech Adept

Default AE Mini MGT 3.0 help !!!

I have a AE Mini MGT 3.0 that I parted back together. Everything works just fine but I am having major issues keeping the motor running. It seems like something is pissing it off to the point where there is too much load on the motor and it makes it over heat and die. At first I thought it was the motors I was trying to run on it being wore out. However I swapped on a brand new .15 and it does the same thing to it. I have tried a SH .18, OS .15 CV-R, Megatech .16, and the brand new motor was EG sport .15. I have sourced a new AE .18 but if its a waste I am not going to mount the damn thing.

Are the small blocks just too small for this truck? I am not looking for huge power just something to beat around with.

Thanks in advance.
zandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I would be checking the clutch/clutch springs/clutch bearings you are using to make sure that is releasing properly and the bearings are good, and I would also check the fuel supply and pipe to make sure there are no blockages or air leaks. If none of that is the culprit, you must have a problem with your engines.

It might help if you explain better how long the engine runs and in what manner it dies.
Old 11-08-2013, 08:12 PM   #3
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins Driver View Post
I would be checking the clutch/clutch springs/clutch bearings you are using to make sure that is releasing properly and the bearings are good, and I would also check the fuel supply and pipe to make sure there are no blockages or air leaks. If none of that is the culprit, you must have a problem with your engines.

It might help if you explain better how long the engine runs and in what manner it dies.
The motors run fine if I let them idle. Well all except the SH .18 which is on its last leg but I knew that. The other motors run fine and hold tune without issue when I use them in RC10GT's that I have so its confusing. When I give it throttle it will run ok for aout 4 minutes with steady temps between 190-210 and out of no where the throttle starts feeling week and the truck does not move. No funny smoke or anything and if I try to richen it up it chokes out. If I try to lean it out my temps go ape shit and the motor gets hot real fast.

The clutch, clutch bell, bearings, and springs are brand new. Its really weird but this is my first Monster truck and its giving me issues.
zandrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 09:51 PM   #4
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Are you sure the throttle servo isnt getting weak after a couple minutes? Make sure it is pulling the slide(or rotary) all the way. Also, make sure the truck still rolls freely in both directions after it starts acting up. Is the slipper clutch on your transmission tight(I cant remember for sure, but I believe the 3.0 has a slipper?). You may have to keep running it and analyzing things to figure it out.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #5
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The stone in the fuel tank might be gummed up. empty the tank of fuel then try to blow into the tank, use compressed air to clear out blockages. Also get NEW fuel tubing
bean-a-reano is offline   Reply With Quote