Brushless Muggy >

Brushless Muggy

Like Tree3Likes

Brushless Muggy

Old 11-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Default Brushless Muggy

Anyone have a muggy they converted i will be starting my first brushless muggy build and any suggestions on what to watch out for or hop up also what other motor mount is there then monster rc's? will the losi 8ight mount work? also anyone have some build pics they can post up thanks
Old 11-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jerry, I've emailed you a while back showing pics of my conversion..hope it's of any benefit to you ..I love my muggy, would never think of selling it..always puts a smile on my face every time the power is unleashed
Jboy39 likes this.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Tech Regular

Hey yeah i lit just found the email it had somehow went to the spam/junk folder but thats a SWEET muggy!!!!! Also a BA brushless system in it its a BEAST!!! thanks for the pics and info man it def helped make up my mind to go through with the build.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Shes at a rough point but already has new just about everything since this pic was took but for some reason i cant upload newer pics but heres where i started ill figure out how to upload newer pics
Attached Thumbnails Brushless Muggy-my-bad-assssssss-muggy.jpg   Brushless Muggy-losi-muggy.jpg  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

lookin good although of concern would be the rusted parts which hopefully youve replaced..was the previous owner playing in saltwater or near a fire of some sort..havent seen that kind of rust on a rc vehicle before..
also if i was to do the conversion again...i woudnt use the RCM mount as to change motors or pinions youve gotta take out the whole centre diff etc..major PITA
i have seen people use the motor mount/bearing holder from a losi 8E conversion kit with the motor cam that simply slides out..that is far and away a much better design IMHO
so youd need motor mount/bearing holder and the top plate..if you need more info let me know
Old 11-13-2013, 05:49 PM
Tech Regular

Muney Yeah i thought the exact same thing about the rust it came from the west coast and im thinking the guy must have used it in salt water then just let it sit its really weird that the bottom of the plastic bumper where they always get scraped up had one tiny scratch and the bottom of the chassis was like new and the rear bumper as well and you know how with lst2 tires how the 20mm hexs sometimes get a lil wiggle to them from use? well the muggy's were actually tighter then my new lst2's so im betting the guy took it to the beach and got it wet and it just sat for the past years but yes i replaced all the rusty bits and bolts im thinkiong about getting losi's stainless screw set and doing them all in that but just working out a mount for now and yeah i noticed the 8ights mount part will work and am going to go with that as its even cheaper as well thanks again for all your help and advice its awesome because you have personal experience with these not just guess work
Old 11-13-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Jerry, which motor/esc/cell lipos will you be running?
I had installed a bigger spur gear which I stole off my losi 8T buy dremelling the chassis a little, just so that I could use the mod1 pinions I already had..I'm geared for a theoretical speed of mid 40s using a 15t pinion, and that's with the 4092, 1390kv motor
Old 11-14-2013, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

dont listen to money he dont have a clue how to build a Muggy, you dont have to drill any holes or dremel ANYTHING if you know what your doing.
Old 11-14-2013, 05:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageFluxHPXL View Post
dont listen to money he dont have a clue how to build a Muggy, you dont have to drill any holes or dremel ANYTHING if you know what your doing.
You didn't read his post carefully. He said he changed the spur so he didn't have to buy more/different pinions to suit. You are right, you don't have to dremel anything but muney also understands that.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Regular

I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I'm running a 50t spur (it's been a while) and the only way to get that sucker in was top slightly dremel the chassis to make the opening wider. Or raise the whole CD (which I don't recommend)
If you're running with the stock spur gear there's no need to dremel anything
I'd also run with the lst2 diff and pinion ratios too, that will definately help things with gearing selection too.
Hey savage xl, please don't come in here talking crap without knowing the facts..put you're glasses on and read my posts slowly and carefully.
Yes I've built my muggy from scratch, yes it's running big power, yes it's running on 6s and no I haven't broken it and no it doesn't have 20hp..get my drift bud?
That's 2 post you've just told us how you know everything about building a muggy ( oh there's also a PM to me too)..you definitely need a trophy or something..please can someone give him one so he can stfu?
Old 11-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Tech Adept

hey Muney go get bent you are a total A hole you do not know shit about RC i run a 50t and 15 on my muggy and if you knew how to build it you would know that you shim the diff up which brings the driveline into a smooth straight line, its ok you keep your AUS butt down there you dont know crap and your info is all BS
Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I've never built a muggy before. If savage is the guy that knows everything, why is there not a build thread? Or do I have to buy a book that's a part of some pyramid scheme?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:32 PM
Tech Regular

Many ways to skin a cat bud, its easy to slightly dremel the chassis then to worry about aligning shims everytime you take out the CD to change motors or pinions..
As it is the CD top plate needs shimming to accomodate the bigger spur gear which is painfull to put back each time..
Horses for courses bud..theres no right or wrong way to do things..dont get personal on a public forum, shows how immature you really are
Old 11-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

im not immature im 38 and have been doing this for years, maybe thats why i own a real custom shop .....if you knew what i did there is nothing to move or shim i shim the entire diff from the bottom, but its my design maybe thats why horizion wants it lol and 1 of my other plans but no biggie, to each his own, i know my design is the best .....fyi
REP, i picked savagefluxhpxl to have fun with ALL the savage boys, a name dont mean squat.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, maturity does not depend on age. Besides, your previous posts are of poor quality and reflect more than just maturity level. I didn't mean anything by saying your name, I think you missed my point. Most of your posts are capitalizing on your ability to create the perfect Muggy so I was poking fun at how you haven't really made an effort to show this subforum your tricks. I know I'd like to see the 'perfect' Muggy. I'd build one if it's comparable to a savage.

EDIT: I looked at the 8 pictures you have in that album and, since I'm not not that familiar with the Muggy, it appears you used the center diff and motor mount from a SCTE/8ight?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.