Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
What's my Super Blackfoot worth? >

What's my Super Blackfoot worth?

What's my Super Blackfoot worth?

Old 10-21-2013, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default What's my Super Blackfoot worth?

I recently got out my old Super Blackfoot (I have a thread about on here). I went over the truck top to bottom. All new bearings, cleaned everything, rebuilt the shocks (new o rings and new 35w oil), new Ace RC esc, new Thunder Tiger 17t motor, and I center mounted the servo (Team Associated S1903mg servo) with a servo saver eliminating the extra linkage. Everything is functioning flawlessly on this thing. There is no body, and I have a few sets of wheels (yellow, red, chrome), and one set of older tires. I also have lots of random spare parts. What could I get for this truck? I'm thinking about selling it to get a more modern 4wd M/T to teach my daughter how to drive. Thanks guys.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Post some pics. With tamiya, its all about condition.
Old 10-21-2013, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well, an outdated brushed 2WD 1/10 scale truck with parts that are gonna be hard to find (if at all) with no body.....it might pay for the tax on a new 4WD RC that you end up purchasing.

Why not just buy a decent 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx, spray bomb a new MT body and teach your daughter with that?
Old 10-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Its prolly worth what you put into it for parts.
Old 10-22-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Regular

Ok let me rephrase my statement. I know I wont get enough to buy a new M/T. I meant to say sell it to get something towards a new one. I don't want to teach her on this truck because of the fact that its old and parts are hard to find. This truck belongs in the hands of a collector, not a 4 year old basher. How many guys out there got some form of a Blackfoot as one of their first trucks? So before you bash on an "outdated, brushed, 1/10th scale 2wd truck" think of the history. A couple years ago i got over $200 for my early 90's mint Tamiya Lunchbox. I did the same with it, freshened it up and put it up for sale. Hell I just got almost $100 for the original body from this truck. Obviously some guys cant appreciate nostalgia.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Default super blackfoot

Mberta2, there are many collectors out there and there are certainly many in rctech. The condition of your super blackfoot determines the value of the vehicle. I myself have a super blackfoot with SEEs aluminum wheels. To me that truck is worth around $600-$800 depending on who needs to finish their collection of Blackfoots. Ebay is the best place to get an idea of how much value your item is worth. In times of bad economy such as now, don't expect to pay a lot for one nor expect a lot from others trying to buy it from you. In fair condition (used lightly, expect it to be around $75-$125). Mint in an unopen box is around $350-$400 and if it was used heavily and bashed, just keep it. If you want to get a cheap truck to bash around the house, consider the Traxxas line of vehicles. Parts are super cheap and readily available.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

O man if I had the things I had as a kid. At one point me and my dad had 4 various models of Blackfoots, all with SEEs wheels. My dad still has his never ran, brand new, King Blackfoot with every upgrade possible (SEEs wheels, oil shocks, and everything else you can think of). I just sold 6 pairs of SEEs wheels a few years back, brand new in the package. We bought out most of a hobby shop at an auction when I was a kid. 4 pickup trucks full of vintage parts for $250. If we would have kept that stuff we would be sitting on a gold mine. Hell after years of using parts and building countless cars, I still made over $8000 on the leftovers!!!