Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Traxxas Summit poor Radio Range help?? >

Traxxas Summit poor Radio Range help??

Traxxas Summit poor Radio Range help??

Old 10-15-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Traxxas Summit poor Radio Range help??

My boy and i built a Summit Gravedigger , only one issue is the radio and truck can only go about 20ft apart then it quits .... everything looks fine, ive rebound the system and installed new batteries in the controller, truck batteries are also charged, its a 2.4ghz traxxas link setup, any help would be awesome as the closest hobby shop is 2hrs away....
Old 10-15-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flux4.6version View Post
My boy and i built a Summit Gravedigger , only one issue is the radio and truck can only go about 20ft apart then it quits .... everything looks fine, ive rebound the system and installed new batteries in the controller, truck batteries are also charged, its a 2.4ghz traxxas link setup, any help would be awesome as the closest hobby shop is 2hrs away....
I had the smar problem with one of my trx transmitters and recievers. Better to replace early with a nice futaba unit.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
I had the smar problem with one of my trx transmitters and recievers. Better to replace early with a nice futaba unit.
not many resources for rc parts around here, and being a 4 channel might cost a little more, ebay and futureshop.ca are my options, i can get a new receiver local from a friend but thought it might be an easier fix.

one thing is my radio and receiver wont link unless the ant. are touching.... is this normal?
Old 10-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Flux4.6version View Post
not many resources for rc parts around here, and being a 4 channel might cost a little more, ebay and futureshop.ca are my options, i can get a new receiver local from a friend but thought it might be an easier fix.

one thing is my radio and receiver wont link unless the ant. are touching.... is this normal?
No that is not normal...I actually had the same problem with mine.. Ended up being antenna wire broke off inside the rec... Open it up and check it out...First check and make sure you have fresh good quality batteries in the remote. I've had range issues with traxxas and cheap batteries even though the remote wasnt blinking they werent good..
Old 10-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

try opening up your transmitter and see if the other end of the antenna wire not unplug, it happen to mine after finding nothings wrong with my receiver so, I decided to open the transmitter and there it was.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks guys, i will check those 2 things....
Old 10-18-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

all the wires look fine, the inside connects are also good, i installed a new receiver and all is fixed.....