R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 09-18-2013, 08:21 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Revo 2.5 Suspension Setup?

I have a Revo 2.5 with the below suspension setup which I don't care for and need some advice. The truck doesn't seem to rebound all the way, at least when I compact the truck by hand.

I have stock struts with the Green springs up front and the Tan springs in the rear. I have 50wt oil all around (I think it has been years) and I just put the Tekno sway bar kit on. The kit stiffened up the suspension nicely and it turns better but like I said it doesn't seem to rebound all the way.

Suggestions? Do I need to change the oil back to 30wt? Are the springs not stiff enough to push it back into position (rebound)?

Thanks.

Joe.
joebags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:35 PM   #2
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebags View Post
I have a Revo 2.5 with the below suspension setup which I don't care for and need some advice. The truck doesn't seem to rebound all the way, at least when I compact the truck by hand.

I have stock struts with the Green springs up front and the Tan springs in the rear. I have 50wt oil all around (I think it has been years) and I just put the Tekno sway bar kit on. The kit stiffened up the suspension nicely and it turns better but like I said it doesn't seem to rebound all the way.

Suggestions? Do I need to change the oil back to 30wt? Are the springs not stiff enough to push it back into position (rebound)?

Thanks.

Joe.
the oil should not be a factor in suspension rebount like you are talking about. as a slow bench test. yes, its the spring you can use the shock adjusters to bring up the ride height, or sometimes you just need different stiffer springs.
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePanda View Post
the oil should not be a factor in suspension rebount like you are talking about. as a slow bench test. yes, its the spring you can use the shock adjusters to bring up the ride height, or sometimes you just need different stiffer springs.
I stopped by my LHS who suggested I tighten up the preload rate. This definetly helped out. From here he said it is personal preference and I can stick with it as is or drop the oil weight from 50 to 40wt. He also said some people change the piston for different flow rates. I just have the stock pistons, not sure what the is a the moment.

For now I will leave it as it....But maybe over the winter I will change the shocks to the GTR, the wt to 40 and whatever people suggest for the pistons or leave the GRT pistons and change over the dampening kit.

Suggstions?
joebags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Are you talking about full extension of the suspension? To be clear, it shouldn't rebound "all the way." - that can make for some very odd handling. Static ride height should be arms just below level. You can certainly adjust it so it sits higher a bit if that's your preference, but you don't want it fully extended at rest. Not sure if that's what you are asking or not.

Anyhow, I believe I added harder springs/more preload in mine as I found the rears to be a bit soft for my liking out of the box. Never messed with the shock oil/pistons, the damping rate was pretty good imo.
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote