R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 09-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Default New T-Bone RC Bumpers Losi LST platform with photo's!

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my maybe bad English, but I am 16 and from Holland, so I have a lot to learn still
A While ago I had a broken shock shaft on my LST( don't ask me how ) and I was thinking of make the truck even more durable.
I had a set of T-Bone Racing bumpers on my Associated RC8Te, and they were very good, so I looked on the site, if they had them for the LST also.
They didn't, so I emailt them, and a couple of months later they are on the site, very good service, and listening to the costumer!
So I bought them, and I have them in, here are my first impressions:
Oh, and I am NOT sponsored, I just give you my first impressions!

Here is the front of the car, without the bumper:

And with body:

And from the side:

The bumpers come with with screws:

The good thing is that the screws are longer then the stock ones, but they are metric size I think, the thread is much finer as the stock screws, as you can see here, left is the new screw, right is the stock one:

Luckaly I have some spare screws, and in the good lenght, as you can see here, left is the new screw I am gonna use, middle is the delifert screw with the bumpers, en the right one is the stock one:

And here is a pic of the car with the new bumper, the stock one is still mounted behind the T-Bone one:

Yes, they screw up the whole look of your car, but they are nice and wide, so they protect as much as possible, and anyone that had an T-Bone bumper in hands, know that they look and feel very durable!
Mounting is very easy, just 4 screws and they are on the car.
The holes are good, so no problems there.
But I noticed a potential problem, because they are so wide, they are almost walking against the wheel, the is only 1,5cm between the tire, and the bumper, as you can see here:

So there is space, but I don't know if there is when you are driving and the tires are balooning..
So, that is the front, now for the rear.
The rear without the T-Bone bumper:

And with the bumper, again the stock bumper is still in place:

Also, with the rear bumper, came a delrin rod, I don't know why, maybe for the optional wheelybar?

Again the screws deliverd with the bumper are the wrong ones, so I had to use my own ones, but again the mounting was no problem, the holes are drilled at the right places.

And a last pic, from the side of the RC, with the bumpers mounted:

So, my first thougts:

Pro's:

The bumpers fit very good, no modifications needed.
Very though, yet flexable, so very durable.
Optional wheelybar, wich always can be handy!

Con's:

The wrong screws are deliverd with the bumpers, maybe you can use them, but I didn't because of the threat.

Might be a con:

The space between the tire and the front bumper.

I hope it was informative!

Best Regards,

Ruud
Old 09-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
Tech Champion

Those big buck-tooth T-bone bumpers are preposerous looking.. IMO anyway. There's a point where yeah, function has to take precedent over fashion - but that is clearly going way too far afaic.. Totally stupid looking.

No offense to you btw - everybody can run what they want, and maybe some of my RC's are ugly.. But I just can't abide those big retard bumpers...
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Yeah, but I am 16, so if they safe me some money ill be happy
Maybe I dremel them a bit, so they look less stupid, because you are right, it doesn't look pretty..
Old 09-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
Tech Champion

Looks alright in the rear, but up front I'd have to take off an inch on each side at least.. Your truck though - and a nice one..
-TT MT4 G3
Old 09-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Yeah its a to big on the front, I think I am dremeleing ( is that a word? ) some material away..

Thanks for the compliment by the way
Old 09-13-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

They're big and bulky, but I bet they'll serve the purpose you intend.

To be honest, I've always thought the stock LST bumpers were pretty durable, and worked well. I tried aluminum at one point... WRONG choice! Looks pretty, but bends easily, weighs too much, and is very expensive.
Tamiya M05 "Monster Mini"
Dadic 78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #7
Tech Champion

The stock bumpers are fine - but the bumper support is definitely a weak point..
-TT MT4 G3
Old 09-14-2013, 09:00 PM   #8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage View Post
The stock bumpers are fine - but the bumper support is definitely a weak point..
I've had (well actually my nephews truck which I take care of) the front bumper get mangled where it goes under the skidplate. But you're totally right about the bumper support. I've been trying to figure out how to get a Revo or slash bumper mount in there instead. Maybe these will do the trick, cut down a bit though. I'm all for "form follows function" but these could use a little help in the form department.