Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Superduty Madforce 2.0 - Concept & Suggestions >

Superduty Madforce 2.0 - Concept & Suggestions

Superduty Madforce 2.0 - Concept & Suggestions

Old 09-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Superduty Madforce 2.0 - Concept & Suggestions

Hey! After some testing with previous build I realised that it may not be for me... So here's my new madforce project.

3 problems with madforce 1.0 8s

1) - Lack of raw torque - I know 8s is plenty of power but since I removed the pinion / spur and got it direct chain drive I lost a lot of torque and gained too much speed. It's an easy fix but fixing it will lead to problem number 2...

2) - It's too Heavy! - the combination of everything added together makes this truck too heavy. I loved to play with it on 6s with stock setup (exception of a Rx8 ESC).

3) - Lack of slow precision - I prefered a sensored setup for climbing precision... But in the same time I wanted it on higher voltage...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's where im heading.

Light, tough with a lot of sensored raw power. I dont care much about style for this build.

1) - Super light setup. Carbon fiber? YES PLEASE!
2) - I would like a sensored high voltage setup

Any ideas?
Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pirape
Any ideas?
Lose the balance boards off the truck.
Remove any and all unnecessary plastic including RX plastic. Use servo tape.
Shorten all wires.
Remove "wheely bar" need it?
Replace tires with Truggy rims and tires (probably most of your weight)
Higher C-rating lower MAH packs (for the weight purposes)

Weigh it all on a OZ/Gram scale and see what you've shaved before you spend any more money on that thing.... CF costs a left testy for 38% savings.
Old 09-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

There aren't any sensored HV systems out right now, max is 6s. One thing you may want to consider before going nuts on the rest of the truck is replacing the motor with an outrunner. Outrunners have way more torque and you can get a lower Kv to lower top speed a bit if you want. Plus I think you'll find the low speed throttle response to be more like a sensored setup.