Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
t-maxx big block chassis >

t-maxx big block chassis

t-maxx big block chassis

Old 06-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default t-maxx big block chassis

Does anybody know who makes a big block CHASSIS for a tmaxx(4907) I already have a motor mount from new era but I didnt get the whole kit
Old 06-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Tech Initiate

i was searching about this also but i think someone have did this here in this platform.....
Old 06-17-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I believe the only one still currently producing a big block chassis is Fastlane. There were plenty of others from UE, Hardcore Racing, New Era, Dynamite, Racers Edge, XTM and more but they're all long discontinued. If you buy a used chassis make sure you get the chassis braces or rear skid plate that goes with the chassis. The other issue with big block chassis is the extended rear driveshaft. The Dynamite kit came with its own specific cvd's, others just used the stock thin 2.5 sliders that won't hold up but can be upgraded to the newer 3.3 sliders. If you want dog bones or cvd's theyre getting hard to find. With the exception of the New Era all the other chassis used standard big block motor mounts. I'd personally stay away from the New Era chassis, it was slightly shorter than all the other chassis making exhaust manifold and pipe selection more of a pain. New Era was extended about 1", HCR, XTM and Racers Edge 1.25" and the Dynamite was 1.5".
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

I say the dynamite kit I think they still have them out there for 150 all I need is the chassis...braces and skids and cvd or dog bones whats the site for the fastlanr chassis?
Old 06-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Fastlanemachine.net but I don't see it on the site anymore. RD Logics still makes one, comes with cvd's too. But I'd go Dynamite, for same price as RD Logics I think the Dynamite includes a manifold and pipe too. I havent looked for a dynamite in awhile but I'm sure there's an unopened one on eBay somewhere.
Old 08-18-2015, 08:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I know this is an older thread but seemed like a good place to ask some tmaxx big block questions.

Ive got a tmaxx and I need a new motor for it. My question is...

Can I drop a .21/big block in my tmaxx using the stock chassis?

Would I only need to buy a big block tmaxx motor mount?

Any info would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

A true .21/big block is longer than a small block and will not fit on a stock length chassis. The only exception to this is I once saw a really, really tall engine mount that put the exhaust header over the top of the shocks.

So you need the longer big block chassis to fit a big block. If you really want a bigger engine with the stock chassis there is the so called mid block engines. Small block external dimensions so they fit on stock length chassis but big block displacement. Ofna Picco .26, O.S. .21, Novarossi has one I forget the displacement of, etc.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for the reply and info. i don't want to drop that much cash in my tmaxx but it could happen. I'd like to find something that drops in the stock chassis. That has good power and is easy to tune. Good price too. Ha!

Thats what we all want right.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

OS .21 Maxx. Drops right in, uses EZ-Start or a Traxxas pull start. All the OS engines I've used have been very user friendly
Old 08-19-2015, 09:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
OS .21 Maxx. Drops right in, uses EZ-Start or a Traxxas pull start. All the OS engines I've used have been very user friendly
Thanks, I've found an old OS RG.21?
It looks to be in good condition.
Old 08-19-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Midget View Post
Thanks, I've found an old OS RG.21?
It looks to be in good condition.
That's a big block requiring a big block chassis. The OS .21 Maxx is a mid block that's a drop in replacement for the Traxxas engine.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's actually the OS TM .21
It's a small block and is a direct swap for the 3.3 and is fully compatible with the ez start.
Just be sure to get the correct version. There is one for the 3.3 revo and it uses a different manifold.