Community
Wiki Posts
Search

wheels won't roll

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

Default wheels won't roll

I finally finished burning in my Genesis, when I went to drive it, the wheels wouldn't roll. I called tech support and found out the set screws could be loose. I'm able to tighten the rear set screw, but it's still not helping. I can't get to the the front screw because the skideplate screws have threadlock on them and I can't get them loose. Can someone help me with this?
Old 05-29-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Initiate

you mean the truck won't move at all when you throttle it? if that's the case I would be looking somewhere in the tranny or clutch for a problem.if the truck has reverse,make sure it's properly engaged in gear.sometimes all you need to do is roll the truck by hand and watch the driveline and you'll find where things aren't turning.
Old 05-29-2005, 01:51 PM
Tech Adept

turns out all the gears in the tranny had their teeth ripped off. Opened up the box and all the teeth fell out. Can someone tell me how this could happen to a brand new truck I never got to roll?
Old 05-30-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

sabotage
Old 05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe so

after doing some detective work I noticed the 1st gear shaft was bent. The servo that came with the truck was bad, had to replace it because it wouldn't move and was stuck in the throttle position.

Maybe between that and the bent gear shaft, it caused it's own death.

Really sucks, found out the truck wouldn't roll after burning 7 tanks of gas in idle to burn in the engine.