Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Basher Nitro Circus mt

You all seen this?

http://www.basher.com/#!home

Looks to be from HK. A 4WD skull crusher? I'm no expert on MT's so what do you all think on this one? If its in the $275 range I'll pull the trigger. Not up for sale yet on the HK site and no pricing info as of yet.
el_Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It looks great but my main problem is its made by hobby king. They are gonna trick people just getting into the hobby to buy one of these because its nitro circus licensed. They will go home and have such a hassle with it that they will just throw it in the trash and leave the hobby because there is no parts support and I doubt it will be very durable. Better off buying a stampede.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
Tech Apprentice

It actually looks decently durab;e with the alu components and the simple design. Philips hardware is not as nice and a lot depends on the plastic quality. Part support is always the main problem with Hobbyking, though if it is cheap enough, you can always get another one and sell the electronics and keep the rest as a parts roller.
heeelmooi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:55 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone seen this truck released anywhere??
dirttrackdemon9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default 1:8 Nitro Circus Electric Monster Truck from HobbyKing

I just pulled the trigger on HobbyKing's 1:8 Nitro Circus Electric Monster Truck. If everything goes well I should be running it this weekend. I will take a few pictures and give my initial impressions.

If anyone else is interested, you can get a significant discount using my buddy code posted in the HobbyKing Forum under International Warehouse Buddy Codes. It's $62 off the $299 price tag! First come, first served. Good luck!!
1:10 Tamiya TRF101, Turnigy Trackstar 17.5, Toro TS120
1:12 Tacon Thriller
PhilippineEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:02 AM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I flew to Hong Kong today to pick up my Basher.. but it wasn't ready. It's not HobbyKing's fault because they haven't emailed me a final confirmation notice that my goods ($400 worth) was ready for pick up. I was just hoping to get them because I ordered them 5 days ago and got an email from a "Robot Checker" that it would be about 24-48 hours till they get it shipped out and that was on the 11th. Now it's the 14th and they still don't have it ready. Oh well. I will take this as a sign the Basher just wasn't for me.

I will be getting a pair of HPI Savage XS SS kits this weekend. I will still order ESC's, Motors and LiPo's from HobbyKing andhave them mailed to me instead.

Frustrated.
1:10 Tamiya TRF101, Turnigy Trackstar 17.5, Toro TS120
1:12 Tacon Thriller
PhilippineEagle is offline   Reply With Quote