Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Savage x 4.6 to XL? >

Savage x 4.6 to XL?

Savage x 4.6 to XL?

Old 05-28-2013, 05:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Here's a link to the manufactors web site: http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM45100&cat=22
Old 05-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EH23
Here's a link to the manufactors web site: http://www.fastlanemachine.net/prodd...LM45100&cat=22
Have you seen the tvp's by on the TCS crawlers site? Their are 5mm thick.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

I see Flux tvp's, nothing for a nitro savage???

Flm's are 4.7mm's thick.

IMOH anything thicker then 4mm isn't gonna make a huge difference, that's already a step above XL 3mm weak ass plates. I now have a set of IRC Ext LCG tvp's which are 4mm but they feel a more solid then the FLM tvp's which are .7mm thicker...

I'm I missing something on the TCS site? I don't see any nitro Savage tvp's.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Tech Regular

TCS does not make nitro tvps
Old 05-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

I see Flux tvp's, nothing for a nitro savage???

Flm's are 4.7mm's thick.

IMOH anything thicker then 4mm isn't gonna make a huge difference, that's already a step above XL 3mm weak ass plates. I now have a set of IRC Ext LCG tvp's which are 4mm but they feel a more solid then the FLM tvp's which are .7mm thicker...

I'm I missing something on the TCS site? I don't see any nitro Savage tvp's.
Ahh sorry my bad someone recommended them to me. I'm probably just going to go with the FLM tvps like you suggested. Along with those and the longer rear shaft is there anything else that I will need to complete the build ?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Nope thats it buddy, the FLM Ext LCG tvp's comes with grade 12.9 socket cap screw, aluminum tvp braces that replace the stock plastic ones and there own extended rear dogbone. The total lenght is substantially longer then a X but 17.5mm shorter then a XL. These tvp's also give u the option to run a mid tank and a inline throttle servo set up, u'll need to buy the additional servo mounts and mid tank kit if u want to go that rought. FLM also has a 3mm engine plate if u want to replace the stock piece.

Stormer is the cheapest place to buy but they're curently out of stock. Rc direct is another good vender to go through. Do not buy from Rc Monster, he doesnt stock FLM parts, he's just the middle man that taxes u for placing an order... My second set of FLM tvp's were purchased through Mike at Rc Monster and I waited a whole month for that shit to ship out, my order was drop shipped directly from FLM... Buy from a vender that accualy has the items in stock.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Buy from here: http://www.rcdirectonline.com/produc...riveshaft.html

Ken from Rc Direct is an awesome guy to deal with, he always got back to me within a few hours prior to me hittin him up. He'll definetly take care of u and they ship fast too! Buy with confidences bro, I wish I had someone that could have told me all of this when I was tvp shopping lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nope thats it buddy, the FLM Ext LCG tvp's comes with grade 12.9 socket cap screw, aluminum tvp braces that replace the stock plastic ones and there own extended rear dogbone. The total lenght is substantially longer then a X but 17.5mm shorter then a XL. These tvp's also give u the option to run a mid tank and a inline throttle servo set up, u'll need to buy the additional servo mounts and mid tank kit if u want to go that rought. FLM also has a 3mm engine plate if u want to replace the stock piece.

Stormer is the cheapest place to buy but they're curently out of stock. Rc direct is another good vender to go through. Do not buy from Rc Monster, he doesnt stock FLM parts, he's just the middle man that taxes u for placing an order... My second set of FLM tvp's were purchased through Mike at Rc Monster and I waited a whole month for that shit to ship out, my order was drop shipped directly from FLM... Buy from a vender that accualy has the items in stock.
That's not true rc monster does stock most flm products.. shoot him a email and see if there in stock before you order them.. I bought flm tvps for my flux off him last week and they were here in 3days...
Old 05-29-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Cool story bro...

Three days huh?

I was telling the op to make sure who ever he decides to buy from, first nd formost verify the stock status...

I didnt like the experince I had with Mike, he didnt get back to me in a timely matter and my order took three weeks for my status to change to "drop ship" wasn't too happy about that considering I paid for the upgraded shipping...
Old 05-29-2013, 10:28 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry for all the questions and probably some dumb ones haha. But you say the FLM LCG tvps is there a non lcg? Just like the stock tvp but a FLM one?
Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stone202
Sorry for all the questions and probably some dumb ones haha. But you say the FLM LCG tvps is there a non lcg? Just like the stock tvp but a FLM one?
Nope, FLM only makes LCG. IMO that's a good thing. Less rollovers and better handling.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Adept

LCG tvp's are exactly what u want for a Savage. It's not like it's gonna slam ur truck or anything it's still a monster truck with hella ground clearance, they just lower the tranny and engine half an inch which greatly benefits the Savage platform.

Back in the day FLM had standerd hight non extended plates but those have been discontinued a long time ago, u don't want those anyways lol.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Check out this build thread from another forum: http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=101197
FLM LCG's along with IRC LCG's are utilized in both builds.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Regular

LCG tvp's are exactly what u want for a Savage. It's not like it's gonna slam ur truck or anything it's still a monster truck with hella ground clearance, they just lower the tranny and engine half an inch which greatly benefits the Savage platform.

Back in the day FLM had standerd hight non extended plates but those have been discontinued a long time ago, u don't want those anyways lol.
Okay thanks haha. Wasn't sure if the lcg would be like super low. Besides the flm tvp's would you recommend anything else for the savage? Already got rpm a arms and skid plate.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys I'm new 2 the forum but I have a question I know that there is a kit 2 convert a savage x 2 a savage xl but I'm wantin 2 do the opposite I'm wantin 2 shorten the savage xl I'm guessin that all I will need is savage x tvp plates and center chassis plate and savage x center dogbone is this correct? Reason being is that I want 2 put the charger body on I was gonna just get the savage x 4.6 but I wanted the 3 speed tranny and larger tires and the rest of the parts that is stock on the xl but would have 2 b upgraded on the x. After checkin prices and everything I decided 2 just go with the xl and like I said I want 2 change the body and all the 1's I like is 4 the x 4.6, I'm also gonna put a novarossi .28 7 port engine in it if ne1 knows if I am right on what all I need or can tell me what all I need it would b very greatly appreciated I'm sure there isn't many that would want 2 downsize the xl but I do I do want 2 keep the xl width tho again thanx n advance 4 all help