Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LST Idle Speed

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Rookie

LST Idle Speed

I just bought a new LST and straight from the box when fired up the truck idled fine for about 30 seconds then without touching anything the idle speed went crazy. I killed the engine and started it back up and the same exact problem...idled fine for approx 30 seconds and then presto out of control idle speed. Keep in mind that the throttle slide was closed during this whole process. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks In Advance!
Old 05-12-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Rookie

sounds like it's going extremly lean after some time. check all your fuel lines for air leaks. and return your carb needles to their stock settings, they're in the manual.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:15 PM

You have an air leak somewhere. Check all fuel tubing for tear. You will need to pull out the fuel tank and see if tube is split in outlet at bottom of tank. Make sure your fuel filter is tight and go ahead and move to rear shock tower and secure with zip tie while you are at it. Get the fuel filter away from the engine.
Check engine head screws for tightness. Remember to tighten in cross pattern. Is your carb nut tight? Is your high speed needle and fuel intake nipple tight on carb? Is your lid closed on fuel tank? Check backplate screws for tightness.
Rockman
Old 05-13-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks

I appreciate all of the advice and tech help guys.....Just so you know you were both right on the money with the airleak. I don't know exactly where but my local hobby shop talked to LOSI and they are sending a replacement enginge free of charge...Awesome! The hobby dude thinks it may be the backplate but he's not sure until he swaps the old engine out. Like I said earlier thanks for the advice fella's.

Justin
Old 05-13-2005, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

I think it may have been just lean on the low side as when we break them in I adjust the low speed needle richer a lot of times. This is done on most all the brands of engines we do. We never adjust the idle screw.
Old 05-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up Front Seal

Turns out that the Front Seal was leaking severly....I've heard in the past that it's not unusual but to the extent of my leak it was causing the truck to run lean after about 30 or so seconds. Thanks Again Fellas'