Wiki Posts
Search

Revo bump start picco 26?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Default Revo bump start picco 26?

Does anyone know if anyone makes a picco 26 jl red dot that cOmes bump start only? I want to get a high performance engine for my revo and i was wondering if they sell a picco 26 jl red dot with bump start capability only. If anyone can help please chime in. Thanks
Old 03-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does it have to be a 26? I know the 28 comes with bump start...
Old 03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink

hey dude i have a picco .26 max in my revo and use the rd logics bump start and they do not make a backplate for it that i know of, however i just took my pullstart guts and all that crap off and jb welded the hole in the back of the pullstart backplate shut. i know this sounds very ghetto and it is, however i have done this to 2 piccos my revo and a buddys and we have had no problems at all! and no more pullstart blisters!!! the last picco i did i actually cut the shaft that the one way bearing sits on to the exact width of the hole in the backplate and then jb welded it in there, looks better but still works the same!
good luck dude
Old 03-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I almost suggested just modifying the engine back plate..
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mxking1712
hey dude i have a picco .26 max in my revo and use the rd logics bump start and they do not make a backplate for it that i know of, however i just took my pullstart guts and all that crap off and jb welded the hole in the back of the pullstart backplate shut. i know this sounds very ghetto and it is, however i have done this to 2 piccos my revo and a buddys and we have had no problems at all! and no more pullstart blisters!!! the last picco i did i actually cut the shaft that the one way bearing sits on to the exact width of the hole in the backplate and then jb welded it in there, looks better but still works the same!
good luck dude
by doing this does it increase power at all? only reason why i ask is because i know that bump start engines have more power then pullstart engines and i just thought that maybe by getting it to be bump start only it would give it a little more power..
Old 03-28-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

I'm not a professional racer nor do I buy the most expensive gear in the world so for me honestly running this engine with a pull start or not to me makes no difference in rotating mass ect. I do believe in the theory however for me it doesn't seem to make a difference, plus my picco in the revo has more than enough power I think!
Old 03-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

well im glad to hear that. i plan on trying out out.. i think.. it was eaither go big block or try the jl red dot..