R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Monster Trucks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks-46/)
-   -   Team Associated Qualifier Series Rival Monster Truck (https://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-trucks/714945-team-associated-qualifier-series-rival-monster-truck.html)

Cain 03-20-2013 01:38 PM

Team Associated Qualifier Series Rival Monster Truck

Brushless Powered Electric Monster Truck

Turn your backyard into your own car-crunching, ramp-flying, monster truck arena!

Team Associated is proud to bring to you the Rival Monster Truck - a Ready-To-Run brushless-powered, 4WD monster truck in the Qualifier Series! The Rival comes ready to crush the competition with many high-performance features, including the XP 2.4GHz radio system, a Reedy brushless power system, and two 7-cell 8.4 volt Reedy WolfPack batteries wired with DeansŪ Ultra PlugŪ Connectors.

The Rival Monster Truck features a super long travel independent suspension that is managed by eight fluid-filled, adjustable coil-over shocks, giving the Rival the ability to roll over just about anything in its path. Giant aggressive monster truck tires provide maximum traction, letting the Rival claw through the toughest terrain with ease. The 4WD drivetrain includes three sealed gear differentials that transfer the power with tough steel CVA drive shafts to both ends of the truck.

RIVAL Monster Truck Features:

XP SC1300-DB brushless electronic speed control with dual DeansŪ Ultra PlugŪ: features independent battery voltage sensing for optimum battery performance (two 2S, 7.4V LiPo maximum)
Reedy 1515-SL 2000kV brushless motor
XP 2.4GHz radio system, high torque DS1510MG metal gear servo, and water-resistant receiver box
2 Reedy 7-cell/8.4V NiMH WolfPack batteries with DeansŪ Ultra PlugsŪ included
Factory-finished RIVAL monster truck style body
3-gear differential drivetrain including a center differential for superior traction and performance
Big aggressive monster truck tires with bead-lock style wheels that use 1:8 scale type 17mm wheel hexes and locking wheel nuts
Ultra-rigid aluminum monster truck chassis
8 adjustable fluid-filled shock absorbers
Durable, impact-absorbing bumpers front and rear
Tough 4mm steel wire roll bar protects the body and chassis during roll-overs and tumbles
Battery tray holds two 6- or 7-cell NiCd/NiMH or two 2S LiPo battery packs
5mm heavy-duty adjustable alloy steel turnbuckles

RIVAL Monster Truck
Available: April 2013
UPC: 784695 205109

http://www.teamassociated.com/pictur...per.500_md.jpg

Micah78 03-20-2013 06:24 PM

Looks like it uses MT4 wheels and tires.

WindDrake 03-20-2013 06:50 PM

Not real surprising, as TT/Associated are the same company. Looks like dual shocks ala. the MGT and Maxx, too.

elk 03-20-2013 07:04 PM

Nice! It looks like it's time to dust off the old MGT spare parts bin. I don't know why, but this truck looks like a lot of fun, even if it is a rehash of an old platform. I want MT racing to make a return so badly, especially as an electric class.

fr8cture 03-20-2013 07:56 PM

this is the MGT, even look at the optional parts, MGT parts. Might get the 17mm hex's and those wheels for my MGT.

Micah78 03-21-2013 05:21 AM

That sucks that it runs on a maximum of 4s stock. My Mt4 can handle up to 6s with the stock esc and motor.

Revo Dan 03-21-2013 05:29 AM

WindDrake. What do you mean tt/ associate is the same? Thx Dan

Micah78 03-21-2013 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by Revo Dan (Post 11955502)
WindDrake. What do you mean tt/ associate is the same? Thx Dan

TT actually owns Associated. Associated designs their own stuff but TT manufactures it. That's why my TT MT4 G3 uses the same diff gears as the Associated Rc8 and Rc8t. That is also why this new Associated MT has the same wheels/tires as the MT4.

Revo Dan 03-21-2013 06:26 AM

Thunder tiger I'm an idiot. Lol

rustlererad3 03-21-2013 09:59 AM

i like this truck and really would like monster truck racing as an electric class to be prominent... i think short course is cool but monster trucks are just awesome

furthermore the a arms look so much like the arms on my emaxx

Revo Dan 03-21-2013 10:10 AM

A few of us will be running monster truck at rt 281 in somerset pa and mcCulloughs in sarver :) a couple guys from state college race at 281

fr8cture 03-21-2013 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by rustlererad3 (Post 11956266)
i like this truck and really would like monster truck racing as an electric class to be prominent... i think short course is cool but monster trucks are just awesome

furthermore the a arms look so much like the arms on my emaxx

The A-Arms are from the MGT.

Matt87 03-21-2013 10:48 AM

MGT!!!! lol I'm excited.

Cain 03-21-2013 02:49 PM

part that interests me is the battery forward layout. I always wondered how that layout could do since with ah single pack setup, Tekno's buggy handles really well, very high corner speed. Maybe this could be extrapolated to say a 1/8 buggy or such, at least the layout.

fr8cture 03-21-2013 03:11 PM

I'm wondering what that white extension is...