Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
GOING TO BE DOING THE DIFFS ON MY LST >

GOING TO BE DOING THE DIFFS ON MY LST

GOING TO BE DOING THE DIFFS ON MY LST

Old 03-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default GOING TO BE DOING THE DIFFS ON MY LST

for the first time and upgrade them i use it for on and off road mostly high speed what oil and grease do i use and tips and pics id appreicate it and where to but ? any links would be appreciated as well .........thanx
Old 03-08-2013, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you want to buy complete, assembled diffs, Jenny's RC Sport on ebay is your best bet. Otherwise, a ring/pinion will run about $25 - $30 at your LHS, and the internal gears, close to $8. At the end of the day, the cost is about the same, depending on how high the auction on ebay gets (I see them selling for about $35 now...)

As for assembly, maybe download the manual if you're unsure. It's pretty straight-forward. I know the beveled edge of the diff slugs need to face a specific way, I believe towards the diff housing, as opposed to towards the spider gear, but double check when you're removing them to install the same way.

As for diff fluid... If you're just bashing around on/off road, 10K is plenty. You're going to get some opinions here all based on what you're using the truck for... I run 50K in mine (front and rear) to get a locking action, and I love it.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
If you want to buy complete, assembled diffs, Jenny's RC Sport on ebay is your best bet. Otherwise, a ring/pinion will run about $25 - $30 at your LHS, and the internal gears, close to $8. At the end of the day, the cost is about the same, depending on how high the auction on ebay gets (I see them selling for about $35 now...)

As for assembly, maybe download the manual if you're unsure. It's pretty straight-forward. I know the beveled edge of the diff slugs need to face a specific way, I believe towards the diff housing, as opposed to towards the spider gear, but double check when you're removing them to install the same way.

As for diff fluid... If you're just bashing around on/off road, 10K is plenty. You're going to get some opinions here all based on what you're using the truck for... I run 50K in mine (front and rear) to get a locking action, and I love it.
THANX I APPRECIATE IT !!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post

are the assembeled diffs full of fluid allready ?