Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What diff for an e-maxx

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Default What diff for an e-maxx

What diff should I replace my stock e-maxx with since I trashed them today!I can't afford the UE diffs at $300.00.I want an good strong diff and case
Old 03-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cotton4925
What diff should I replace my stock e-maxx with since I trashed them today!I can't afford the UE diffs at $300.00.I want an good strong diff and case
Ask broken parts.
Personally i haven't had troubles with the stock ones. Maybe just get stock with aluminum casing.

Idk im a noob in this category
Old 03-10-2013, 05:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by minirevobasher
Ask broken parts.
Personally i haven't had troubles with the stock ones. Maybe just get stock with aluminum casing.

Idk im a noob in this category
Yeah but what case is the question ?I want to have good set of gears and a strong case just don't want to spend $300.00. I looked at the ones one fast lane machine thinking about them. I can get the bulk heads and all for $90.00
Old 03-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Get flm hybrid bulks and 8th scale diffs
Old 03-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cinnabun
Get flm hybrid bulks and 8th scale diffs
Yes do this. That was also what i was going to say
Old 03-10-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Have u broken the diffs u have? Just asking because i purchased a set of diffs from a 3908 Brushless Emaxx for my 3.3 maxx that are supposed to be Traxxas strongest diffs for the truck, well without spending a ton on aluminum setups.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The 3903/5/8 have the strongest stock Maxx diffs. IMO aluminum inner diff cups aren't needed, but adding aluminum outer diff cases will increase the strength a bunch. The plastic outer diff cases flex messing with the mesh stripping the pinion and ring gears. Shimming the ring and pinion with metal shims instead of the stock Teflon seals will help also.

The FLM hybrid bulks are a great solution. Not exactly cheap by the time your done but cheaper than the UE and aluminum bulks. I used them on a build with Ofna Hyper 8 gears with no issues on 6s with a CC1520 motor. I'd get the combo kit with the diffs included as the diff out drives will be setup to accept the stock plastic sliders or any cvd designed for the stock diffs.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by JJM Motorsports
Have u broken the diffs u have? Just asking because i purchased a set of diffs from a 3908 Brushless Emaxx for my 3.3 maxx that are supposed to be Traxxas strongest diffs for the truck, well without spending a ton on aluminum setups.
yes I'am pretty sure they are the rear wheels won't spin and the front turn and so does the reardrive line.With out the rear drive shaft hooked up I can turn the wheels and hear the gears meshing inside You can also feel it jump gears inside when you turn the wheels
Old 03-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Overdriven
The 3903/5/8 have the strongest stock Maxx diffs. IMO aluminum inner diff cups aren't needed, but adding aluminum outer diff cases will increase the strength a bunch. The plastic outer diff cases flex messing with the mesh stripping the pinion and ring gears. Shimming the ring and pinion with metal shims instead of the stock Teflon seals will help also.

The FLM hybrid bulks are a great solution. Not exactly cheap by the time your done but cheaper than the UE and aluminum bulks. I used them on a build with Ofna Hyper 8 gears with no issues on 6s with a CC1520 motor. I'd get the combo kit with the diffs included as the diff out drives will be setup to accept the stock plastic sliders or any cvd designed for the stock diffs.
Thanks $180.00 is far better than $300.00 each I will go with the one from FLM thanks for your advice