Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Truck advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Truck advice

What do y'all recommend for getting started in monster trucks.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What are you looking for Nitro or electirc? Budget?
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I would prefer to go with electric, I would also like a good aftermarket selection. Thanks again for advice. As for a budget under 1000?

Last edited by worfless; 02-24-2013 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Not reading
Old 02-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by worfless
I would prefer to go with electric, I would also like a good aftermarket selection. Thanks again for advice. As for a budget under 1000?
Under 1000? Well I would say the E-Revo Brushless Edition but you will have to do some upgrading to keep it durable if you plan on running 6s. If you use 4S you shouldn't need to upgrade that much. From what I've been told you will need steel CVD's. If your looking for something that is Ease of use I would say Something like a Stampede 4x4.
Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

RC Electric Trucks are usually 1/10 scale powered by a Mabuchi 540 stock motor and a 7.2 volt battery. Speed is controlled either by a mechanical speed control or an electronic speed control.there are many onlines site which are dealing in rc truck, i recommended u to visit Nitrotek for buying Rc electric truck at cheap price and in best quality.......

Regards,
Berry Martin
Old 02-25-2013, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by berrymartin
RC Electric Trucks are usually 1/10 scale powered by a Mabuchi 540 stock motor and a 7.2 volt battery. Speed is controlled either by a mechanical speed control or an electronic speed control.there are many onlines site which are dealing in rc truck, i recommended u to visit Nitrotek for buying Rc electric truck at cheap price and in best quality.......

Regards,
Berry Martin
He said a good truck with a good aftermarket selection...
Old 02-25-2013, 08:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Go Nitro. You said you wanted a real Monster truck. Savage. Start and end there. Just my opinion even though it's 100% accurate lol.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Electric is just as good if not better. The only cool thing about nitro is the sound of the engine.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Tech Addict

Not knocking electric, It's just not for me. Nitro does have the sound but don't forget that awesome smell.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by "WormGrunter"
Not knocking electric, It's just not for me. Nitro does have the sound but don't forget that awesome smell.
Heh haven't smelt it yet. Just got my first nitro after Christmas and its cold here. Only got to run half a tank through it.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by "WormGrunter"
Go Nitro. You said you wanted a real Monster truck. Savage. Start and end there. Just my opinion even though it's 100% accurate lol.
I have to agree. MT's are meant to burn fuel. And for a beginner the Savage is a great way to start.

That said there are 2 things to concider with nitro in general. 1st, is nitro fuel available and conviently close by to purchase? 2nd Do you have a place to run a loud nitro engine?

With a $1000 budget, you can get started in either electric or nitro based rigs. IF electric is the prefered vehicle, then either a Traxxas ERevo, Stampede, or a HPI E Savage Flux should get you a nice start. But becides the trucks, you need to plan on decent lipo's and a good lipo charger to go with them. If you like the crawler aspect of MT's then maybe give the Summit a look. It has a high/low range tranny and lockable f&r diffs, but stock its the slowest of the bunch.

All above have a huge aftermarket parts following.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

A stock 2wd stampede and the summit will be the slowest, if your looking for something faster the middle of the road would be a stampede 4x4 and for insane fast erevo or savage flux hp.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

A Savage X4.6 is a good first RC.

That said, the Losi XXL is much better...

If you want to get an electric, I would absolutely skip the Traxxas E-Revo and the Savage Flux. Both overpriced and underdurable without hopups for that price. If it has to be an electric RTR "MT", then take a look at the Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 (see youtube too..). Much better value for money..

$1000 is a nice budget. If electric, I would try to find a cheap deal on a Losi 8T 2.0 or Hot Bodies D8T Roller, then an electric conversion kit for it and a decent brushless motor and ESC - a Hobbywing combo for ex.. You could have something really nice then.. - for bashing or for running on a track.. They are truggies, but put some huge wheels on it like some people do and it can be pretty monstery...

You could also have an awesome nitro truggy even...

You need to be a bit more clear about exactly what you want to do - where you'll be running it, etc.. With your budget you have a lot of options... So I wouldn't automatically limit them to MT's.. If you insist, then MT4 G3 is my $.02..

Associated SC8's included, to name just another random ex...
Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
You need to be a bit more clear about exactly what you want to do - where you'll be running it, etc.. With your budget you have a lot of options... So I wouldn't automatically limit them to MT's..
I agree with this, the sky is pretty much the limit.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by fr8cture
Heh haven't smelt it yet. Just got my first nitro after Christmas and its cold here. Only got to run half a tank through it.
It want be long now, Summer's getting close. Boy your in for a nice treat. Sound, smell, runtime, priceless.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.