Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
monster GT vs revo >

monster GT vs revo

monster GT vs revo

Old 04-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Cheers Mike!! A Great writeup

Last edited by pininfarina; 04-19-2005 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-19-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Sorry if this is a double post, said page not displayed because my internet crapped out:

Falcon - The bumper braces tie in straight to the body and the bumpers are screwed into the skid plates. Most of the screws going into the skid plates just go into the chassis. 2 of the screws in front help to hold on the bell-cranks but that doesn't seem to be an unusual design, and there have been no problems with that. I think 2 screws in both front and back go through both skid plates AND the chassis and hold help to hold on the diffs (don't forget the 4 screws that go through the top of the chassis to hold on the diffs) and also 2 screws that go through the bulks/chassis to hold on the diffs. The diffs are VERY secure (as is everything else).
It's all about the details. More and more people are starting to give this truck a shot, and I've not heard one instance of somebody that hasn't been satisfied with it (at least on the other forums). The truck started out slow as it came out after the Maxx and the Savage were well grounded, but it's growing in popularity quite fast now.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:52 AM
Tech Initiate

the MGT is a great truck.it only takes about 5-10 mins to strip the electronics,engine,tranny and fuel tank for cleaning.it's built on a way stronger chassis than any of the other trucks,and the drivetrain can easily handle dropping in a .26 or bigger engine.it uses strong CVD's on both the front/rear main shafts and all four outdrives as well.it's a great racer and basher,and jumps like a dream.I raced mine all last summer and only broke 2 parts,a servo saver and a hub,and I raced it real hard too.you just can't go wrong with this truck,it's NOT AT ALL like a tmaxx either.the only similarity is the pillow ball suspension,other than that,it's nothing like a maxx.