Dumb Mistake

Old 04-11-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Dumb Mistake

On my first day of running after breaking in my new smaxx, when i was doing the after run maintenance for the engine, i forgot to clear around the glow plug before I took it out, im not sure if any dirt got in the engine, what should my next move be? Any help for a beginner would help.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Smile

If you haven't turned the motor over since you pulled the plug, you may be able to get away with just pulling the head off the motor and cleaning it out as best you can with motor spray or alcohol.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Tech Initiate

If you feel that there is a good chance dirt got in the cylinder (if the head was dirty) then your going to need to take the engine apart and clean it out. Traxxas has excellent instructions for this. Just follow along in the book or dvd like you are doing a rebuild and you should be fine. If you were to run the engine with dirt in it, the sleeve would get worn out very fast and have to be replaced. If your not sure and there is a local r.c. track take the engine up there and have someone help you.

good luck
scott