Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TRAXXAS E-REVO...OR...HPI SAVAGE FLUX HP WHICH ONE IS BETTER

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You know this sparked me to really do some long and hard testing and evaluation. Unfortunately, I don't have a 3rd hand to film my driving. The EREVO is much better. Driving on a friends backyard track (big enough to be a real track) then at a local construction site, I found I spent more time picking up my savage off of the ground than I did driving it all around. Tested both on 4s then on 6s; and I'll crown the EMAXX!!! the better b/t the three. But to answer the question, the EREVO gets the edge. That being said, there is nothing wrong with the Savage. I'm a U of M grad, but reside in the deserts now, so i have to applaud what you guys are doing up there. It's like picking ford or chevy. Good and Bad in both, but both very reliable. Keep driving, don't waste your money on too many upgrades, remember, all of these guys are in the business to extrapolating as much money from "us" as possible. Cheers!!!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Traxxas E-revo if you want to race, Savage flux if you want to bash.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Revo is definitely not for racing. Traxxas can stick to their "8 time national champion revo", but they will get blown away if the even if they set foot on a track now.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Revo is definitely not for racing. Traxxas can stick to their "8 time national champion revo", but they will get blown away if the even if they set foot on a track now.
Stull more than 0....
Old 12-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
Stull more than 0....
Neither the savage or the revo are "race ready".Durango, associated, losi, xray, mugen, and tekno would whoop any traxxas or savage all day, any day on a racetrack.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Neither the savage or the revo are "race ready".Durango, associated, losi, xray, mugen, and tekno would whoop any traxxas or savage all day, any day on a racetrack.
Fanboys are hilarious.

Durango, Xray, Mugen, and I don't think Tekno even make MONSTER TRUCKS.(if I recall properly).. Also, Associated's monster truck is a joke, and Losi vs Revo is a personal choice on the track. Out of the Box, a Revo would beat a Losi with same driver (pssst, I've tried it along with other locals).

Don't talk unless you know what you are actually talking about. It makes you look even more fanboyish than you might think.

Also, a Truggy isn't a monster truck.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Fanboys are hilarious.

Durango, Xray, Mugen, and I don't think Tekno even make MONSTER TRUCKS.(if I recall properly).. Also, Associated's monster truck is a joke, and Losi vs Revo is a personal choice on the track. Out of the Box, a Revo would beat a Losi with same driver (pssst, I've tried it along with other locals).

Don't talk unless you know what you are actually talking about. It makes you look even more fanboyish than you might think.

Also, a Truggy isn't a monster truck.
I'm not even talking about monster truck racing which is non-existent. I'm talking about truggy racing in which the revo is a truggy by definition no matter how much traxxas calls it a monster truck. If you're racing a revo against truggies from the brands i posted. It wouldn't stand a chance.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Elite

I'm not even talking about monster truck racing which is non-existent. I'm talking about truggy racing in which the revo is a truggy by definition no matter how much traxxas calls it a monster truck. If you're racing a revo against truggies from the brands i posted. It wouldn't stand a chance.
Use the search function. This has already been discussed.

Revo is not a truggy.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Use the search function. This has already been discussed.

Revo is not a truggy.
The brushless revo has all the characteristics of a truggy. Low stance, wide track, big wheels, low ground clearance, low profile body, and a wing to top it all off. Nitro revo isn't a truggy at all.

Wanna race, buy something made for racing.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Tech Elite

The brushless revo has all the characteristics of a truggy. Low stance, wide track, big wheels, low ground clearance, low profile body, and a wing to top it all off. Nitro revo isn't a truggy at all.

Wanna race, buy something made for racing.
Years ago before you were a member here (and probably even into RCs) Monster Truck Racing was huge and fun. Things die out, things come back, you never know in this hobby.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Years ago before you were a member here (and probably even into RCs) Monster Truck Racing was huge and fun. Things die out, things come back, you never know in this hobby.
Join date says nothing about how long you've been in the hobby. I've been doing this for about 4 years so far. I've always heard monster truck racing evolved into truggy racing, and that it's basically a cross between buggy and monster truck.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Join date says nothing about how long you've been in the hobby. I've been doing this for about 4 years so far. I've always heard monster truck racing evolved into truggy racing, and that it's basically a cross between buggy and monster truck.
From what I've heard lately even Truggy is dying out.. :/
Old 12-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

From what I've heard lately even Truggy is dying out.. :/
Probably nitro truggy, as i've heard more and more people running e-truggy. Even though it's not an "official race class", it is growing, and will probably end up being a class just like e-buggy.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Master

from what i understand,

a truggy by defintion must have a center diff. a MT by definition must have a transmission. hence a revo is a MT because it has a transmission and not a center diff..whose definition? i dont know. regardless, I would just enjoy the hobby more than anything else

just my 2 cents research.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

I'd say it's very similar to a truggy, but you're probably right saying it's more of a hybrid.

Btw center diff rules

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.