Search

INTEGY RANT OF ALL INTEGY RANTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Integy Maxx Frt Bulksheads US $22.94
RPM Maxx Frt Bulkheads $ 15.95
Why would I buy Integy, when I can buy a lifetime warranty from a reputable company? I bought a 3906 with Integy on it, the frt left shock tower tab was bent from a previous wreck. I just bent it back with channelocks, it was really easy haha.

Now if you want to go better, step it up a notch to FLM. FLM parts hold their value.
FLM FRONT BULKHEAD SET US $39.99

If you want good difs, get some LST 2's and mod the maxx bulkheads.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:38 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Integy
Max Amps
Castle Creations

You americans sure do produce (and obviously purchase) some real c#ap!
Old 06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
Integy
Max Amps
Castle Creations

You americans sure do produce (and obviously purchase) some real c#ap!
Lol, yeah alot of junk sometimes. What do you guys produce?
Old 06-04-2013, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by spookie
Lol, yeah alot of junk sometimes. What do you guys produce?
These

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vauxhall_VXR8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holden_...auxhall_Monaro
Old 06-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Still part of an american company.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

Lol fair enough Nexxus. Seems most of our stuff comes from China and Taiwan anymore. I study economics, mostly trends, we spend 4 dollars to China for every 1, China spends with us. Honestly, the only time I have ever seen a Vauxhall is when I watch British comedies lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

LOL Monaro (Pontiac GTO) didn't even last 2 years on the market here in the U.S.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The monaro/gto sold poorly here in the states mainly due to the name attached to the platform, not because of the platform itself. You don't resurrect a decades old legendary muscle car out of the blue with a 'sport coupe' look.

Integy, integy.....these are the sort of parts I expect to see on those annoying all-alloy builds, and on those unlucky hobbyist's rcs who haven't heard of the bad rep. After seeing how much trouble they caused some friends, I have been pretty good at avoiding them for years. The only two products I bought were emaxx skidplates, and the one before a brushed motor armature. The skidplates were on clearance at my lhs, so I figured they'd be worth the extra shot. At first, I thought they were on clearance because they might be old, but I checked online when I got home, and they were the recent ones. The rear skidplate bent on a rear bumper landing at a little higher than a foot of air. Of course, that truck is heavy, but I would think aftermarket upgrades should at least handle the abuse that stock parts can. The armature: I did a direct comparison between it and a trinity arm, with all other things being equal in the car. Both 9t winds, same quad mag d6 can, p94 style brushes, same spring setup, gearing etc. The trinity I could run for about 7 race sessions before needing a skim on my lathe, while the integy would not last one session. The commutator would just stick, turn gummy. Bad metal properties.

Integy products look good, some are very cool looking, but they just don't hold up in real use. I would only ever consider buying one of their parts that won't see much stress. So no arms, hubs, knuckles, bulkheads, towers, shocks, body posts...hmmmm...maybe I'll buy an antenna holder?
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by meno1103
The monaro/gto sold poorly here in the states mainly due to the name attached to the platform, not because of the platform itself. You don't resurrect a decades old legendary muscle car out of the blue with a 'sport coupe' look.
Agreed, I like how the Mustang keeps its muscle car looks as it progress's even thought the 90's and early 2000's I wasn't a fan of but the new ones are awesome.
Old 06-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by meno1103
I noticed that American auto companies tend to like to do that nameplate thing expecting people to buy it because of the name, like back in the day... when these days most people don't look at just the name, but the build quality and the value for the money. Unless you're GM, then you rename things 5 times until it kind-of sells (Chevy Blazer anyone?)

But back on topic - some people dig those "all alloy" builds. Maybe it's to show off that they spent a lot of cash. Maybe it's because they like shiny things - who knows?

"real use" is relative as well. Some of us understand the term "scale" while others think you can slap aluminum parts all over then just launch their monster truck 30 feet into the sky off a skateboard ramp onto a flat asphalt landing and NO WAY SOMETHING BROKE??!?!

BTW Your sig makes me wish I kept my original HPI RS4 Rally, one of the last good vehicles to come out of HPI before most of their stuff turned into soft crap too
Old 06-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Im digging Ford and their products. They make some solid stuff and they didn't get bailed out like GM.

As for Integy...the hubs on my savage havent broken yet, but I think others would agree those were an exception. Everything else I've had like some shock towers and mini revo driveshafts bent and broke.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rockiroads13
I noticed that American auto companies tend to like to do that nameplate thing expecting people to buy it because of the name, like back in the day... when these days most people don't look at just the name, but the build quality and the value for the money. Unless you're GM, then you rename things 5 times until it kind-of sells (Chevy Blazer anyone?)

But back on topic - some people dig those "all alloy" builds. Maybe it's to show off that they spent a lot of cash. Maybe it's because they like shiny things - who knows?

"real use" is relative as well. Some of us understand the term "scale" while others think you can slap aluminum parts all over then just launch their monster truck 30 feet into the sky off a skateboard ramp onto a flat asphalt landing and NO WAY SOMETHING BROKE??!?!

BTW Your sig makes me wish I kept my original HPI RS4 Rally, one of the last good vehicles to come out of HPI before most of their stuff turned into soft crap too
If I were in the market for a car around the time the GTO came out here, I would have greatly considered it. I understand the monaro, at the time, had the 5.3l engine, whereas the GTO debuted here with a little more kick out of the 5.7 LS1, and the second year had the 6.0 LS2. The t-56 trans is also a rather stout one for a stick shift, and the platform as a whole just worked. Simple, not too heavy, decent interior and bunches of power. They would have been better off selling that car as a variation of Pontiac's grand-am grand-prix series.

I guess I should have clarified what 'real use' (in this case, for a MT like my emaxx) is for me - normal bashing that doesn't include insane jumps/wrecks. Insane - at speeds higher than 35mph and/or airborn for a distance of 10ft+ with a bad landing. That integy skidplate bent at less than 2ft of air but it did land square on the rear bumper. I still feel any of the other stock plastic parts should have saved/given away before a billet skidplate...

I actually raced the left one locally with some friends and was able to keep up with HPI pro 4's, tc3/4s running brushless 5700-6000kv motors. I was the only one running a brushed motor (9t), out of pure nostalgia as the car itself was outdated, even ran an am JR radio, and old beat up bodies. Of course, it's no longer a rally due to the shorter shocks, and I had a 200mm width vs the other cars 190mm, but everything else is still rally. One hell of a car. I vow these two to be the last two cars I get rid of

That left one is also the car I had the experience with the Integy armature.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Back on topic...

Integarbage =

Old 06-05-2013, 05:41 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

...with Castle now including a 1kg fire extinguisher with each ESC
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by nexxus
...with Castle now including a 1kg fire extinguisher with each ESC
Lol, anymore it's hard to choose components without keeping all that stuff in mind lol. haha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.