Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Provisional ROAR Rules for MT

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Provisional ROAR Rules for MT

2005 is the provisional year for Monster Truck competition in ROAR. The off road fuel nats in Harlingen, Texas will be showcasing MT's and Truggies with 34 entrys to compete for bragging rights in 2005.

Provisional rules, as established by Monster Truck Class Committee in the previous two years can be found at www.22benjamin22.com and the 2006 Gas Truck Nationals will be announced in the next RevUp. Gas Truck Nationals will be 1:10 gas truck and Monster Truck classes with an entry limit of 200 for 2006. The off road 1:8 gas buggy will have its own event as well.

FYI - the website listed above is undergoing some updates, you might wait a few days if you can't access it right away.

For those who don't receive RevUp (for whatever reason) the publication will be soon accessed on the new ROAR website, soon to be online and active at www.roarracing.org .

Many changes are coming to ROAR. The provisional rules you see on the listed above website are not final for 2006 - simply for use, if host tracks wish, for 2005. 2006 the MT rules will be incorporated in the rule book as a fully sanctioned class.

Dawn Sanchez
ROAR Promotions Director
[email protected]
Old 04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

As per your suggestion, I emailed my thoughts and comments about the provisional rules, however I have no idea if they were received.

No notification was given of their receipt and no reply was sent.

Of particular interest to me is the maximum displacement rule. In June 2004 when the guideline used for the provisional rules was written .28 was the largest engine available in a 'standard-big-block' case. Now Colari have a .30 and Orion/Wasp has a .32 coming that are a direct drop in for most monster trucks.

I can understand the spirit of the rule wanting to keep engines from getting out of control like the .70 and .90 engines on the EK-4 or the .46 of the Truckzilla conversion. The Collari and Orion engines should be legal then according to the spirit of this rule.
Old 04-01-2005, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

I will forward your concern to the MT class committee for reconsideration of the max displacment ruling.

Thank you!
Dawn
Old 04-01-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wait a sec, talking about Provisionals yet Darrell Waltrip is no-where around
Old 04-01-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

call it a blonde moment, if you like...

but.....

HUH?
Old 04-01-2005, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

HAHA!!! Being a DW fan (Dawn Sanchez - NASCAR DRIVER WHO NEEDED TO USE PROVISIONALS TO MAKE THE RACE AT THE END OF HIS CAREER) that is funny.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are. If you don't think that's funny just get the heck out

Larry the Cable Guy
Old 04-01-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Wait a sec, talking about Provisionals yet Darrell Waltrip is no-where around
LOL, NICE!
Old 09-17-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was just curious what the logic was for adopting .28 as the largest displacement for the 'unlimited' class, even though many manufacturers are offering standard size big block case engines in displacements of .30 and .32....

I realise the rules were based off the outlines on 22benjamin22.com but those guidelines were prepared at a time when .28 was the largest displacement available out of a standard big block case...

http://roarracing.net/downloads/ROARMTRules.pdf

It's unfortunate that an outdated standard was used for the first official printing of the ROAR MT rules.