Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
stampede rebuild >

stampede rebuild

stampede rebuild

Old 03-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default stampede rebuild

Does anyone have good ideas for hop-ups for the stampede, I already have the motor I wanted, its a trinity chameleon 2. Are brushless motors worth the money and if so what should I get. I have a hitech high torque stearing servo which I think is awsome. I need suggestions for good off road shocks for more bashing than racing, good gearing for my 19 turn motor, good shock oil, and I think I am getting a futaba radio/reciever system. Anyone with suggestions for these or other parts please respond.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Get some Big Bore shocks or some kind of alum. ones. For bashing you dont really need a brushless although there less maintaince then a brushed. If you want one go with one of the Novaks. The new LRP brushless that should be coming out soon is goning to be rated like a 9T they say. But that might be too much speed (not like there can be to much) for off-road. Also if your still running the stock tires, get some better, softer ones, such as step pins (red-losi, m2-proline) and an edge type for the front (directional-losi, edge-proline) or pro-lines mashers on all fours, you could also go with step pins all fours if you wanted. That will give you better traction. For shock oils, try 25 front and 30 rear or 30 front 40 rear.

Hope this helps you out.
Old 04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

i would get masher 2000 tires for your pede, i just got a set for my pede and there the best for bashing your pede around. I have a friend that just got a set of traxxas standard aluminum shocks for his pede and they work really nice plus there cheaper than the big bore aluminum ones and you can use team associated springs on them. also if you dont already have bearings get rpm front and rear hubs and get thew bearings that will fit
Old 04-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

also my friend uses the novak brushless system in his pede and it is great for bashing and pulling the front end off the ground
Old 04-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

I bought the big bore shocks and a novak esc, no new radio yet but working on it, and a trinity chamealeon 2 for a moter. I need to get longer lasting batteries though. any suggestions
Old 04-15-2005, 11:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

get the epic 3000 packs that are shrink wraped in red, use them in my pede and they got great run time, power and you cant beat the price, only like $19 U.S. and $40 CDN
Old 04-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Masher 2000s are awesome tires. I had a pair for my npede, but I have maxx tires on it now. I'll probably set them up on my losi later.

Losi XXX-T shocks work great on my npede. You'll want the full set, but I run 4 rears. Check ebay.