Wiki Posts
Search

t maxx selling ebay?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs
That "sentimental value" thing is what's killing you. While it may be sentimental to you, it's just another truck to the buyer.

I had a heavily modified T-Maxx that I had set up for racing. I had quite a few memories with my son on that truck.....memory wise, it was priceless to me. With the equipment that I had on it, it was worth well over $400, but it would up selling locally for $275.

You're not going to get anywhere near the amount you have invested. These things aren't investments, they're hobby vehicles. The money spent on them should be considered the cost of enjoying the hobby.
yea it would be different if i bought it already hopped up and i didn't spend all the time & money on it. or i had it for a few years at it was beat up some. but its not that old and in really good condition because i didn't drive it that much or beat on it really. when i bought all these parts i never planned on selling it, so i didn't mind spending a lot of money on it. i also never thought i would be out of money either so unless i get a real good offer, i will just keep it.
Old 10-21-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Elite

ok so i messaged the guy that would of won my t maxx for $450.00. and asked if he was still interested and willing to pay more. he said he is still interested and would do $525.00. thats $75.00 more dollars. i told him im not 100%, just weighing my options. plus i was thinking if i do go through with it, i could sell it to him on the side not through ebay that way i won't have to pay a $45.00+ selling fee! after the paypal fee, and he lives in cali (of course) with shipping i could get around $450.00 after everything. i still think its too cheap for over $1500.00 worth of truck and acessories! what do you all think?
Old 10-21-2012, 04:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think you should sell it to him for $500 thru ebay for his security, he already did you a favor in backing out since he already won it for a cheaper price.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Javage
I think you should sell it to him for $500 thru ebay for his security, he already did you a favor in backing out since he already won it for a cheaper price.
yea if so he will still do $525.00. i haven't decided yet to sell it or not.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You should, you already sold it once then backed out. Then you asked him if he was still interested, don't back out on him again.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Javage
You should, you already sold it once then backed out. Then you asked him if he was still interested, don't back out on him again.
oh no i wouldn't do that! i said if i decide to sell it, is he still interested. he said he is still interested and offered $525.00. if i do decide to sell, im going through with it
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I would do it. That is decent money for a tmaxx no matter how nice .There will always be more rc vehicles in your future. Do it through eBay its they only way you or him will have any protection.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I would do it. That is decent money for a tmaxx no matter how nice .There will always be more rc vehicles in your future. Do it through eBay its they only way you or him will have any protection.
yea im 50/50 on it. im still trying to find work, so it might not be an option if i don't get some money coming in! but if i do, i will go through ebay.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I cannot count how many things i ended up selling 50$ off my wanted price just to get rid of it because you never know when the other buyer will come up

id rather lose 50$ than to lose 200 in the next month
thats how i see things

but i hate ebay's fees its astronamical way too much!!!
paypal fees = ebay fees listing fees = ebay fees final fee value = ebay fees

also your not protected on claims the guy can make paypal think he never got what he paid for and win his money back and it's pretty easy to pull my friend got bitten once
Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hayabusafmw
I cannot count how many things i ended up selling 50$ off my wanted price just to get rid of it because you never know when the other buyer will come up

id rather lose 50$ than to lose 200 in the next month
thats how i see things

but i hate ebay's fees its astronamical way too much!!!
paypal fees = ebay fees listing fees = ebay fees final fee value = ebay fees

also your not protected on claims the guy can make paypal think he never got what he paid for and win his money back and it's pretty easy to pull my friend got bitten once
yea the fees are kinda carzy! i been lucky, i never had anyone say they didn't get an item to get there money back.