Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 vs Revo 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3 vs Revo 3.3

I'm not really a nitro person, started off using electric, but venturing into nitro now. I've read reviews and stuff about the cars, just torn between these 2 models.

I know the revo 3.3 is probably hands down better than the t-maxx 3.3 (or at least based on what i've been reading).

My qn being, is the almost 200 USD price difference between the 2 models justifiable?
Old 08-12-2012, 03:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You would spend the difference or more just to get the maxx to handle and be near as durable as the revo. Really depends on how hard you want to beat on the truck and whether you want to race. Even for just bashing, the revo would be a better platform. The only reason to stick with a maxx is for the more scale style suspension setup. Also, the revo is far easier to work with (chassis parts). Engine-wise, I've found the 3.3 to be fairly easy to tune. I started nitro with a .15 stampede, and the 3.3 was my second nitro engine.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've owned the 3.3 and the erevo,.and a friend has an emax. Though I don't like traxxas and would never buy one again, if I were forced to pick between the 2 it would be the revo. The 3.3 is a good engine. Though your not asking, I would look towards hpi. Just my .02