Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
t-maxx 3.3 lsn setting issur >

t-maxx 3.3 lsn setting issur

t-maxx 3.3 lsn setting issur

Old 07-21-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Adept

Default t-maxx 3.3 lsn setting issur

I don't seem to understand what's going on I have tried tuning the Lsn several ways pinch test, temp, and by ear but I just cannot get it set right it acts like it won't lean out correctly as soon as I start to lean it out and get it close or within range my idle goes to high and my idle screw will not bring it down so any advice would be nice.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Tech Initiate

I've had lots of 3.3 trouble lol its constant if yours won't lean out then it must be getting extra fuel test all of that area down to the crank shaft. My 3.3 would run way too lean until it snapped the con rod. I later found out the front bearing was leaking.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaceracer
I don't seem to understand what's going on I have tried tuning the Lsn several ways pinch test, temp, and by ear but I just cannot get it set right it acts like it won't lean out correctly as soon as I start to lean it out and get it close or within range my idle goes to high and my idle screw will not bring it down so any advice would be nice.
Unfortunetly, Crapsxxas uses a plastic composite carb that likes to strip out very easily simply from the throttle return spring back pressure making it very hard to find a LSN and idle setting.

FYI, your idle speed is supposed to go UP when you lean the LSN. You might want to make sure your linkage and throttle return spring, radio trim, radio EPA is set the correct way.