Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
best monster truck >

best monster truck

best monster truck

Old 03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by jake22
pininfarina: bro nid your advice for my dominator, i noticed you have a lots of aluminum and you are using white springs.. Cud u help me setting up my dom for racing, any advice for shock set-up coz my dom bottoms down when it lands from a jump...
you can check out a friend's web site... on how to beef up your dom... click here or go to ofna messenge board.. click here
Old 03-18-2005, 01:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have to say go with the savage. Based on info from a thread i posted i got a beter response to the savage so i got one,and i started racing my friends with their revo and lighting and i just all out whooped on their trucks. go with savage if you want a fast and very strong truck.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stampeder
I have to say go with the savage. Based on info from a thread i posted i got a beter response to the savage so i got one,and i started racing my friends with their revo and lighting and i just all out whooped on their trucks. go with savage if you want a fast and very strong truck.
I too have a savage, it's great for bashing, doing back flips...etc.. as for speed.. dom... using the same engine, .. imho..there's no best truck, only truck that you luv having a fun time..

here's some pictures of our guys

flying dom

great heights for savage - by BloodClod aka Mark

Last edited by pininfarina; 03-18-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

wider width using ofna's wheels...

Old 03-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

yup, i have an insomia for rc... i had just finished our school term that's why i am still awake.. getting as much info so that i can modify my dom this vacation...

bro nice pics of your dom and savage.. as soon as i get home, i will try my dom in a motorcross near our home...

Last edited by jake22; 03-18-2005 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by jake22
yup, i have an insomia for rc... i had just finished our school term that's why i am still awake.. getting as much info so that i can modify my dom this vacation...

bro nice pics of your dom and savage.. as soon as i get home, i will try my dom in a motorcross near our home...

have fun

cheers
Old 03-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

I totally agree with pinin.......their is no best truck. They all have atleast one weak spot. I also have the Savage and also have the LST. I personally think the LST handles better than the Savage and really like the size of the LST......its wider and longer than the Savage. But good luck pullin a wheelie with the LST!
Old 03-21-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pininfarina
have fun

cheers
Those pictures are awesome!! Nice selection of machines catching some air. It's not easy catching shots like that either.

Dig your Dom too - very pleasing to the eye.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mike m
I totally agree with pinin.......their is no best truck. They all have atleast one weak spot. I also have the Savage and also have the LST. I personally think the LST handles better than the Savage and really like the size of the LST......its wider and longer than the Savage. But good luck pullin a wheelie with the LST!
I have to agree too. All trucks seem to have their own unique qualities. Also, once you start doing stuff to them and buying after market parts etc, even trucks of the same type/make/model vary considerably in the way they perform.

The LST's in our locality seem to have a good track performance. They certainly handle better than a stock RTR Savage .25, but seem prone to silly, minor niggles. I don't think I'd recommend an LST to newbie - it's better suited to people with some prior RC experience.

I've said this before, but TBH - I'd happily go out right now and buy at least another half a dozen trucks, including another Savage (4.6), LST, TNX, Revo, LSP, FG - if only I had limitless funds!

Credit cards make it far too easy to give into temptation......
Old 03-21-2005, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

Yeppers!! If I had a VISA I'd be down at the lhs gettin myself one of those REVO's just to finish off my m/t "collection" LMAO!! I seen a revo at the LHS with all the bling bling aluminum that I think is available!! Man did that thing look just awesome!!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Horatio
Those pictures are awesome!! Nice selection of machines catching some air. It's not easy catching shots like that either.

Dig your Dom too - very pleasing to the eye.
thanks, for your comments... it's nice to look at..
Old 03-21-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

FG MT-5 1/6 scale monster truck. After playing with nitro R/C for over 10 years, I don't think I will ever buy another one. Runs on gasoline, runs cooler and more reliable. I just take it out to the field and pull the pull starter and it fires right up. No glow pugs to mess with. Just a simple engine in a huge truck. This truck dwarfs my LST and makes my Savage look like a R/C car from Toys-R-Us.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Damn post a picture of it!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

pinifarina...nice savage...well done. i noticed the pictures are in Singapore website...are u a singaporean??
Old 03-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by VictionOne
FG MT-5 1/6 scale monster truck. After playing with nitro R/C for over 10 years, I don't think I will ever buy another one. Runs on gasoline, runs cooler and more reliable. I just take it out to the field and pull the pull starter and it fires right up. No glow pugs to mess with. Just a simple engine in a huge truck. This truck dwarfs my LST and makes my Savage look like a R/C car from Toys-R-Us.
I agree the FG machines are awesome. 26cc petrol engines obviously have alot of grunt in an RC car!!

If it wasn't for the fact that no one (as in no one at all) races them in my locality, infact they are actually outlawed at our nearest track due to safety issues/space/marshalling constraints, an FG would be top of my birthday wishlist.

But once I own all the cars I intend to race, I must own an FG MT even if it's just to bash with...

In the meantime, I'll just have to cope with our inferior alcohol burning 2 strokes until FG racing becomes a reality....roll on the day!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.