nitro truck

Old 05-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (56%+)
Default nitro truck

i am looking to buy a new nitro monster truck what is the best one out there i already have a tmaxx 3.3 and it aint all that for me dont care money wise just seeing what the best truck to get is. that is fast will pull wheelies and u can clean it very easy.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You'll get a hundred different answers here... Research the main options, and make your own decision.

Losi LST2/XXL, Savage, MGT, Revo are all good rigs, with pro's and con's. See what works for your application.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dadic 78 View Post
You'll get a hundred different answers here... Research the main options, and make your own decision.

Losi LST2/XXL, Savage, MGT, Revo are all good rigs, with pro's and con's. See what works for your application.
I have to +1 this.
But I have to throw in , get a Savage.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Champion

Well, the Losi is the "best" all-round - fast, best handling, as tough as anything else, huge - good RTR radio and engine..

Only thing with the Losi XXL, it's not going to be a wheelie machine - it's a stretched LST2, so it's more for handling stability than wheelies.

If you really want wheelies, than I would get a Savage.. Either the XL with a different engine like an LRP 30, or just the 4.6X as is...

But yeah, what I'd really get is the Losi.. With a few tweaks it can wheelie too..(stiffer shock springs, tighter slipper, etc..)
Old 05-28-2012, 05:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Finally a thread with good answers!

And the results.

Revo; decent truck. I didnt say good, just decent

Cons, weak slipper pads, knucles always seem to pop the pivot balls out, spur gears constantly stripping, ok engine at best and it likes to break half shafts, also doesnt like bigger/wider tires on the knuckes.
Upgrade it with steel spur & clucth bell,upgrade the slipper. OS21TM and steel half shafts. Also plan on changing the rear shock oil on a regular basis to keep the ass from squatting.

What I dont like is there support and there community, all you get is check this, check that, tighten this, reset to factory settings, squist this, squish that answers all day long. Its redundantly stupid....

You'll have a truck that takes some abuse fairly well, But no basher.

Pro's; Very agile and fun to drive when its set up right, again its not a basher. Just one step above a Maxx.

Losi, heard good things, but havent owned one.

HPI Savage X & XL

Cons; They need offset wheels from the get go & there slipper should be a differant material. Savage X is the same lenght as a Revo.

Pro's;
Well thought out truck(s) built like a brick shit house! Parts are 1/2 the cost of any Traxxass. Steel driveline components through out, including the trans. 4.6 & 5.9's are monsters!

Xl is amazing! throw a set of 40 series 1/2" offsets and say some Trencher X's on it and hang on!!!!!

Its a wicked sick truck and a total blast to run and bash!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

The Losi MT's are very bash worthy out of the box..only problem is the stock engine brace which needs to be replaced ASAP with either the dynamite one (if you can find it) or the GPM. There are aftermarket products galore for these trucks and they are very easy to work on and maintain. With an FOC'd trans and some lighter wheels and tires the XXL will pull wheelies all day long running the stock 454.

I've never personally owned any of the Savages, but I know alot of guys beat the snot out of them. The LST XXL or Savage XL would be my top two choices in that order for the money and performance.