Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Gotta problem with S-Maxx >

Gotta problem with S-Maxx

Gotta problem with S-Maxx

Old 02-07-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Gotta problem with S-Maxx

Just got the S-Maxx with the TRX2.5 broken in yesterday. Everything went farely smooth, got the usual stalling and such. According to Traxxas, it takes about 5 tanks for break in, varying throttle with each tank. Well, evreything went well from tank 1 all the way to about 3\4 the tank on tank 4. The stock plug that it came with went bad, so I replaced them with some MCcoys, and started and ran fine until near the end. During the end of tank 4, the plug went bad again (won't glow). So again I replaced it with the same plugs, went all the way to finish break in (tank 5) with no problems, maybe a couple of stalling here and there. On tank 5, it told me to squeeze all the way to full throttle for about 3 seconds, and hold it for another 2. Well, sometimes, it looks like its choking for studdering. I would get to full throttle, blue smoke coming outta the exhaust, then bam it would studder. Other than this, I finished break in.

About a few of hours later, I tried for some tuning. The engine would fire up, idle for about 10 seconds, and die. Did this a few times, then I checked the plug, it glows. Maybe a little more than 3\4 the coil glows. From the start of break in to now, I left the needles on break in settings from the factory. Now, it would just start, idle for a few seconds, and cut off. I even tried to put some throttle while it was idling for a bit, then it would cutoff.

Any ideas??
Old 02-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default try the traxxas website

They are pretty good in helping out. goodluck
Old 02-08-2005, 04:31 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, I was looking through the faqs on the traxxas website. There was nothing really to specific about my problem. I tried to register on the message board but it won't let me. It keeps saying my email is banned even though I haven't registered there before. I take the site doesn't allow users that have free email addresses (like hotmail and yahoo) to limit problematic users.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Default check it out...

I will post your question and check it out to see if you get hints... Goodluck!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Tech Master

Default check it out

http://monster.traxxas.com/showthrea...hreadid=268053
Old 02-08-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Rookie

MUCH MUCH appreciated TMachine, you didn't have to man but thank you so much for doing that.

You've already gone outta your way to help, but if you have time can you ask them:

Do I richen the hsn to fix my studerring problem or to fix my idling for 10 seonds then stalling issue?? And yeah, I'm on the way of getting better plugs and see if that does it. I'm not having much luck with the mccoys mc59, as that's what my hobby shop sold me.

Last edited by SuperVF1; 02-08-2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 02-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Default done

The way I see it, we are all in need of some help. This time I had a good possible solution.

Last edited by Tmachine; 02-08-2005 at 08:23 AM.