Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Losi  LST  Feedback & INFO >

Losi LST Feedback & INFO

Losi LST Feedback & INFO

Old 01-31-2005, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default Losi LST Feedback & INFO

I am looking for some feedback on you thoughts of how good this truck is for club racing. Please tell me what you think how it handles and what hop ups you have installed. I want to get one to start racing with this summer. Any and all info needed. Thanks for all you help.
Old 01-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Dude it is just plain SICK! The combo of the Mach 26 and the rest is just killer! The ony thing I have upograded is the shocks to threaded wth the Titanium Nitrade shafts! The ONLY problem i have or had with it is that it seems that shaft broke easy and the cheesy plastic hardware is easy to lose? But besides that man! ITS AWESOME! I mena it so bad ass that I have been asking if the Novarossi 28 3 port for 150 would be worth getting and most peopel are saying even for 150 dolars it would not be worth replacing the Mach 26 as it is just that aawesome! My freinds both have the MGT and the Revo. Now I was not sure if I wanted the LST butnnow that I have seen it head to head stock with the revo Maxx Savage and MGT its BY FAR THE BADDEST! with the Revo or Savage coming in next depending on what you want? But the LST is a bad ass thrasher and racer!! Its juust awesome man! Even all my freinds are jealous of me having picked the LSt and them having picked what they did? And we are NOT young? We are all over 25! Email me for any questions. Have fun man its a real thriller of a truck! I cant say enough of how awesome it is! And how much better then the MGT and others? ASee all my feinds and me decided we wanted to each get a dsiffrent truck so we would compete you know? Well I decided on the LST by chance! I was actually leangin towardb the Savage or Maxx because of parts and hop yps! THANK GOD I GOT THE LST!! Thoughb the Savage is awesome also? But not a great racer? See the LST is a true, GOOD AT IT ALL!!! DO ALL TRUCK!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Dude it is just plain SICK! The combo of the Mach 26 and the rest is just killer! The ony thing I have upograded is the shocks to threaded wth the Titanium Nitrade shafts! The ONLY problem i have or had with it is that it seems that shaft broke easy and the cheesy plastic hardware is easy to lose? But besides that man! ITS AWESOME! I mena it so bad ass that I have been asking if the Novarossi 28 3 port for 150 would be worth getting and most peopel are saying even for 150 dolars it would not be worth replacing the Mach 26 as it is just that aawesome! My freinds both have the MGT and the Revo. Now I was not sure if I wanted the LST butnnow that I have seen it head to head stock with the revo Maxx Savage and MGT its BY FAR THE BADDEST! with the Revo or Savage coming in next depending on what you want? But the LST is a bad ass thrasher and racer!! Its juust awesome man! Even all my freinds are jealous of me having picked the LSt and them having picked what they did? And we are NOT young? We are all over 25! Email me for any questions. Have fun man its a real thriller of a truck! I cant say enough of how awesome it is! And how much better then the MGT and others? ASee all my feinds and me decided we wanted to each get a dsiffrent truck so we would compete you know? Well I decided on the LST by chance! I was actually leangin towardb the Savage or Maxx because of parts and hop yps! THANK GOD I GOT THE LST!! Thoughb the Savage is awesome also? But not a great racer? See the LST is a true, GOOD AT IT ALL!!! DO ALL TRUCK!!! Email me with your email address. I wil send picks of this bad boy!
[email protected]
Old 01-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Simply Put,,,,,,,,,SWEET

Okay I have had everything BUT a Savage,,,,E-Maxx, T-Maxx, TNX, MGT, and let me tell ya NUTTIN is as sweet in my opinion.

NOW I will say this that the Diff housing and arms could use some work BUT for a first entry in to the MT arena I can not complain I sent them a noce little e-mail and got two sets of ousarms and doff hing in the mail in four days. I would just su ggest if you get it go ahead and order the Losi Blue Alumiumn Housing. I have taken 20 ft jumps and not broken nuttin but then again I have just taken a simple turn and broke arms so go f myigure. I swear by LST second fastest on the track and let me tell you IM NOT A RACER-trying but just not there yet. The Mach.26 is one of the best motors out there RTR or not. My MGT has been sold, My E-maxx is gone, My TNX went to my bro and my two T-Maxx's are with just sitting and one of those has a full .21 conversion and it has the SAME motor as my LST so that in itself says alot in my book. This is my setup

All shocks are running 70 AE shock oil
A Dynomite 1100 6v Flat pack under the truck and a Orion 1200 Hump pack under the tank-I can go for miles if you know what I mean ,LMAO
Losi Alumiunim Diff Housings
#8 Hot Plug=Its been real cold

So all in all GET THE DAMM TRUCK IT IS WORTH IT
Hell even my wife loves driving it and now she wants one(she can have mine if they come out with a Drake Version Heheheheh)

Later Guys
Old 01-31-2005, 09:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I think the LST is the best handling big block Monster out there....not counting those truggies of course. Losi did their homework on the handling. Just wish they would have made it a little more durable. Just like the others have said, it's not the toughest truck out there, but it's the SICKEST!

To give you a little comparo......WE just finished up demos at the Monster Truck show in my town. There were 3 LSTs, 2 MGTs, and 2 Revos. There were also a few Savages I'll only give honorable mention, because neither Savage would run more than a minute or two :-). The LSTs probably broke the most out of the bunch, but they blew away the other trucks in the fun to drive and fun to watch catagory. The LST could backflip off the Moto-X ramp without thinking twice about it. The Revo and MGT had to use every inch to get a full rotation. I made some sick jumps off the moto-X ramp and no breakage, but a few off the 3' ramp and I snapped arms. Guess it's all in how you land.

I'd have say the Revo jumped the best overall due to it's light weight and impressive suspension, and the MGT was the toughest of the bunch. But I'd still not give up my LST for either of them. A few arms and I'm back in business. And as they said, the diff housings have to be replaced with aluminum almost immediately.
Old 03-27-2005, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

This Truck is a beast!!!

An awsome beast at that!!

1 Friend has a REVO and this i might also say is a awsome truck! Very tough!! Just a little small for my likings

1 Friend has a Savage with the Truckzilla upgrade and i hate this car! Savages are TOO SMALL!! and the body is TOO SLIM!! and with a modified heli motor to power it, it still does not compete with the LST

Now the only problem with the LST is the CHEAP piece of SHIT Mach .26 motor that it comes with.
Losi admit that this motor was a bad design from the start and have replaced hundreds of them (3 of mine) due to a washer (shim) problem but this was supposably fixed by removing the washer but this leaves a gap for the conrod to vibrate against the rotostart.
Another bad point about his engine is that the conrod is made from shit materilas and only has a bearing on the crank end and not at the wristpin end. This area heats up and causes the hold in the conrod to wear and become large there for the top of the conrod scrapes against the piston, smashes up and down against wrist pin and breaks the wristpin out of the piston or snaps the top of the conrod.

I have had 2 engines, and a complete piston, sleeve, conrod, wristpin and clips rebuild on the 2nd engine and ALL have done exactly the same thing while in breakin.

I was even told from Losi Australia to use fuel that contained 10% Caster and 10% Synthetic but still this did not help.

oh and by the way.. 2 other friends have the LST and Mach .26 and all motors are fouled.

Another thing is, you need to get yourself some GOOD reciever batteries as the servos like to munch cheap batteries and AA's and also get a fail safe...if you loose battery power.. you better be ready to chase your beast as the wheels will turn left and the throttle will open right up

This is the ONLY few things i have troubles with..

Do as i did and stick a Werks Collari .30 or what my friend did, a RB TM728 and youll have the BEST truck ever made!

Last edited by SUBLOGIC; 03-27-2005 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Tech Adept

Yep, one heck of an awesome truck! I haven't raced mine yet but am goin to this year........especially now that I have the Collari .30 that has 3.5 horsepower in it! BRING ON THOSE LITTLE REVOS!!! hahahha
Old 03-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Rookie

I've had my lst since oct last year and i've had a few problems with it. but overall i think it's a good truck. Great design to work on, the diffs are easy to remove to change oil, the drivetrain comes out easily.

here are the problems i've had and the reason I think they happened.

diff cases split-bad design, just get the aluminum ones there only $10
broken a-arm-manufacturing defect(split right at a bubble in the plastic)
broken upright-manufacturing defect(same bubble issue)
broken cvd pins-again, manufacturing issues i don't think the pin material was QA'd in the first run. this has been fixed

overall, the only thing i can specifically blame on losi is the diff housings. The other problems were manufacturing issues that I'm sure they've worked out by now. I haven't had a chance to race it yet, but it's supposed to handle well compared to other 1/8th scale MTs. obviously it won't handle as well as a revo, but the power is there to get you down the straight and over the jumps better then the revo.

anyway, I like the truck, would recommend it to anyone with the note to buy the aluminum diff cases so you don't accidently tear up the ring gears.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

hey guys,

i bought an LSTon the w/end and am quite impressed so far by the turn of speed that such a heavy truck has. the 2speed also sounds nice and crisp.

this is my first monster truck experience after driving 1/8 buggies and 1/10 onroad for the last 10years.\

my question relates to the brakes. when i apply the brakes, the truck wants to "endo" if anything but a featherweight application is used. i am not using the standard radio gear. is my radio the problem or the truck? anyone else having the same prob?? i have backed off the brakesand the end point adjustment, but she still wants to stand on its nose when i brake???
is this normal?

any help is appreciated......
Old 04-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

It's the strong brakes on the truck, not the radio gear. I have the same problem, and had to make some modifications to get the brakes "softer" so it wouldn't flip over on pavement. I probably adjusted most all of the brake out at first, then used the fuel tube trick on the control rod.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Was it trying to "endo" on high traction surfaces only? or everywhere? Thanks
Old 04-03-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Adept

thanx for the info guys,

it is happening on high traction surface at the moment. i am still running it in so it has only see tar so far.

i will do the "fuel line" trick and back em off some more and see what happens. i may also try a heavier shock oil in the front.

any more tips for me with this truck????
Old 04-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

The metal/metal brakes are very grabby. The performance brake pads that losi offers makes it much easier to modulate the brakes.

i would keep dialing out brake epa until the truck doesn't endo if you can't do it with your finger. Most good radios have a seperate toggle to adjust braking force without going through the menu system, it should just take a few trial runs to bring the brakes down to where they stop the truck effictively but don't flip it over.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

thanx joven....

that is what i have done. it just seemed wieerd to me that the brakes were such an on/off switch. so id thought id ask the question, rather than something being wrong and me not knowing about it.

i know how to use throttle and brake gently. i am not new to racing...just monster trucks. there just seems to be no "middle ground" with em. ill look into the option brake pads.

the radio does have ABS, but i dont use it. i think it is hell on the servo. i prefer to adjust it so it wont lock so violently.

on a seperate issue, what do you guys think about the washer in the motor. i have heard good arguments on both sides. i dont want it to shread in my motor, nor do i want my big end to hit the rear cover. has anyone got a clear answer??

thanx guys for your help....
Old 04-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Take it out!

My LST should be here in a few days and as soon as I can im taking out that damn washer.

Check this out
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/REMO...2391794/tm.htm

I almost read that whole thread, if you dont feel like reading it then just take my word for it and remove the washer. There where alot of guys who took out the washer and noticed that if they would have ran it one more time it would have shredded inside the motor. Good luck. Let me know how it goes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.