Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for a new truck need some opinions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Looking for a new truck need some opinions

So right now im looking to buy a stampede 4x4, hpi bullet flux or a slash plat. I just want a sigle battery car to run with my brother, all we do is bash the crap out of our car, we go off jumps alot and go through rough terrian. My local lhs has great support for hpi and traxxas.

So which one of the trucks would be best for just pure bashing and for reliablity
Old 03-06-2012, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Of those 3, probably the pede.

But if you really want a durable basher, the thunder tiger mt4 g3.

Not much more than those choices.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

slash 4x4, youll like the longer wheelbase,
Old 03-06-2012, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

stampede for sure
Old 03-06-2012, 03:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Get the pede you'll be very happy with it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

You'll appreciate the greater ground clearance of the stampede vs the slash.

I will however suggest the move up to the 2 battery cars and say save a few more bucks n get a used EMaxx.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jersey Crewmax
You'll appreciate the greater ground clearance of the stampede vs the slash.

I will however suggest the move up to the 2 battery cars and say save a few more bucks n get a used EMaxx.
but that could also be bad because the pedes may be nice for bashing but have not to much traction and roll a lot easier do im gonna say go with the slash man those things take a huge beating and the pedes could also break easier due to there wheels and arms being unprotected by the body like the slash
Old 03-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcduder
but that could also be bad because the pedes may be nice for bashing but have not to much traction and roll a lot easier do im gonna say go with the slash man those things take a huge beating and the pedes could also break easier due to there wheels and arms being unprotected by the body like the slash
Good call on the rolling over. I didn't have a pede but had a summit mini that rolled over do easily. If driven on an area with less traction such as a baseball diamond or wet surfaces the flipping is drasically reduced.

I do own a slash and didn't like that sometime hitting a large enough pebble/rock would launch me in the air and that driving a grass would drastically slow me down and overwork the motor relative to some of the taller trucks I've driven.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

I love my pede but also you might want to consider a savage xs. I have both and they each get ran more often than anything else I own.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

My brother has a slash 4x4 and hes a newb at driving and beats the hell out it and never lands on his tires, right now i run a brush less erevo with him but to my surprise my erevo tends to break more than his slash even tho i barely crash like he does.....so you guys think the slash 4x4 will handle jumps better than a stampede, cause we just try to jump our cars as far as we can and whenever i jump my erevo i hold my breath lol

also i like just charging one battery instead of two...i only have one charger so charging 3 lipo's takes a while just for me and him to bash around
Old 03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

also they should make a roll cage cover type thing for the slash 4x4 my brother has gone through 2 body covers lol
Old 03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jersey Crewmax
Good call on the rolling over. I didn't have a pede but had a summit mini that rolled over do easily. If driven on an area with less traction such as a baseball diamond or wet surfaces the flipping is drasically reduced.

I do own a slash and didn't like that sometime hitting a large enough pebble/rock would launch me in the air and that driving a grass would drastically slow me down and overwork the motor relative to some of the taller trucks I've driven.
shim up or thread down that suspension
Old 03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by salabarria
also they should make a roll cage cover type thing for the slash 4x4 my brother has gone through 2 body covers lol
actually integy does

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Team-Integy-...item1e6bc17c22
Old 03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Id say Savage XS or an Ofna Hyper 10tt with some meaty tires.

The stampede is good, just overpriced IMO, and the slash is too. I also think the small wheels on the slash will leave a lot to be desired in the harder off road stuff. So I wouldnt buy the slash unless I was planning on pede sized wheels...

The Bullet flux should be good, Its just not really proven yet since its relatively new, which is the only reason Id be hesitant about it. However with its layout it should be fast and handle great.
Old 03-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Only reason i wasnt considering the savage xs is because i heard that some people where unhappy with it...... What are the flaws on the savage xs? And yea i agree traxxas is very overpriced

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.