Search

Picco .26 and Traxxas Big Block Pipe adapter

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That's nice, but I like mine more.

[IMG][/IMG]

I have 4 left (not making them any more), if anyone is interested. They are still $12.50, shipped.

Racer 1966; When I started making my adapters, people were looking for an adapter to be able run a rear exhaust with their Picco's. The Trinity rear exhaust and the RB rear exhaust for the Revo have a shorter inlet flange depth on the header. It is roughly .100" shorter than a standard BB header flange. I had to keep making short ones due to the demand for them.

PlatinumJoe, All you can really do is chamfer the ID of the port. The port's ID is relative in size to the sleeve's exhaust port anyway. Making the ID bigger wont make the port in the sleeve pass any more volume through it. The length of a BB exhaust is the primary reason a BB exhaust works better with the PiccoMax, not the volume of the exhaust that passes through it.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Yea, all I was think was puting a taper on it so it doesn't have a square edge...I understand it can only flow so much through the sleeve, I was thinking more about the pressure wave coming back into the cylinder....seems it may meet less resistance if you you cut the I.D. at the ends so it doesn't create as much turbulence.

I'm quite experienced when it comes to hand machining...spare blocks wont be necessary
Old 02-24-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Initiate

does anyone know if this adapter will fit and OS .18tm. I know the exhaust port is a little bigger then the 3.3. As a 3.3 header won't fit. any help appreciated.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by dynacopas
does anyone know if this adapter will fit and OS .
18tm. I know the exhaust port is a little bigger then the 3.3. As a 3.3 header won't fit. any help appreciated.
Dont think so...o.s.18 is its own special size I believe. If you look on rdlogics you'll n.otice that every exhaust they make is either 2.5/3.3, o.s.18, or BB.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

No, the adapter will not work with the 18TM. It is a true SB exhaust port. The Traxxas and PiccoMax have the oddball port.

I have looked into making an adapter for a SB, but it is so close in size to a BB port, that the adapter would be paper thin in some spots. Also, a BB exhaust would have a negative affect on the 18TM. The length of the exhaust sytem would theoretically shift the powerband down the RPM scale. You will have more percieved power when you hit the gas, but it will Peter out quickly. At higher RPM's it won't be able to process the air/fuel mixture properly.

The reason the BB pipe works with the PiccoMax is that it has the timing of a BB. It shares specs with another OFNA BB engine, the only differences being, the motor mount flange dimensions, the length of the crank, and the small exhaust port. The SB (traxxas style) exhaust shifts it's powerband up the scale. It makes enough low end torque, that it can overcome the shift in powerband. Picco should have just left the exhaust port alone, or made a port the same dimensions as the RB engines for the Revo. Then you can use the Trinity or RB exhaust's.

PatinumJoe, when I had a PiccoMax, I also chamfered the port for the same reason.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oomp
(not making them any more)
I'll make them as long as anyone wants them. I can make one at a time on my manual lathe or if the need arises I'll run a large lot on the CNC.

When I started making my adapters, people were looking for an adapter to be able run a rear exhaust with their Picco's. The Trinity rear exhaust and the RB rear exhaust for the Revo have a shorter inlet flange depth on the header. It is roughly .100" shorter than a standard BB header flange. I had to keep making short ones due to the demand for them.
Thanks for the heads up,I'll certainly make them that way if anyone wants those too.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 PM
Tech Adept

I wish I had known about these when I had my picco .26 revo. I've had a bunch of RC's but that thing was hopped up to the s*** house and has got to be the funnest truck I ever ran. Wheelies going into second gear were sweet! I ran an 053 pipe with my picco, it was sweet. I hated doubling up gaskets and getting dodgy seals, though.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer 1966
I knew these USED to be made but haven't found anyone still making them. I'm a toolmaker/shop foreman for a living and have full use of any machine I need after hours so after I saw a couple of guys looking for them I decided to fill the need.

Just throwing it out there for anyone else that may need one,I have a few on hand and can make more at any time if I sell out. I will include a SILICONE o-ring with the adapter and should have the SILICONE BB pipe seals to go with them soon. Asking price is $17.50 shipped CON US including both seals. I'm mostly just a buy/sell/trader here but I'm around a couple of times a day. PM for more info or for any questions you have.

Also if anyone has any ideas for other parts that aren't readily available,let me know. I can literally make just about anything.
Hi I would like to buy one i live in the UK so how much
Old 03-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

I have a couple to ship tomorrow,I'll check cost to the UK while I'm there.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Where can i buy this i need it bad send a paypal adress
Old 03-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Ive been looking for this for a whille hook me up
Old 04-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Nextleveltruck
Ive been looking for this for a whille hook me up
Hey bro,sorry I haven't checked this thread for a while. I can still hook you up with one of these - PM sent.

Anyone else? I'll make them for as long as someone needs one,just toss a pm my way. Thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Tech Rookie

PM sent to ya Racer
Old 04-13-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

are these still available, PM sent Racer 1966
Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TMAXX

Hello do you have any adapters left ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.