Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
E-REVO or thunder Tiger MT4 >

E-REVO or thunder Tiger MT4

E-REVO or thunder Tiger MT4

Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
That is a great comparison...brushless mt4 to brushed revo price. And the MT4 outperforms the BL REVO.

I disagree about one thing though. I think the Mt4 handles much better on road especially speed runs. It tracks very straight and stable and stays much more planted at high speeds. My revo was always more unstable, squirrely and flippy.

In my opinion the only thing that the revo is better at is steering. It can turn a much tighter turning radius . It also turns much better at speed.
I have a feeling once more people realize what a great deal these are they will sell fast. The bigger companies have better advertising, but when you look at what TT has done with this truck, it's pretty remarkable.

The large monster truck "basher" segment has got to be one of the biggest in RC and they flat out owned the competition, all while costing 30% less.

The stock servo does leave something to be desired, though it feels at least as good as the flux's. I'm also not a fan of the stock body, but I like to paint my own so it's not really an issue to me.

I do like the trick engineering built into the e-revo chassis. It's a well thought out and beautiful piece of plastic. But I can't confidently look at a revo and imagine it handling 6s or even 5s consistantly. When I had dropped 700+, that left a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Get the MT4 it's a straight up beast!!!!
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by dale_gribble
Can you post some detailed pictures of the MT4 up? I wouldn't mind getting to know it better myself. It is a relatively new platform but I can't find a lot on it other then praise.
When I bought this truck I found the same void you are describing, so I built wondertiger.com to give the truck some sort of media presence. For Images and movies, check out the gallery page:

http://www.wondertiger.com/gallery.php
Old 02-22-2012, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That thing looks badass! Hmmm... Might have to sell my brushless Summit for one...
Old 02-22-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The word is spreading...MT4 went out of stock on Tower yesterday...
Old 02-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I ordered one Monday through tower and can't wait for it to get here. I am a little mad that they had it advertised for 3 pay in their catalog and the newest issue of Rc car action and would not honor it. They said that deal is no longer available but oh well it's coming.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by moondoggie
I ordered one Monday through tower and can't wait for it to get here. I am a little mad that they had it advertised for 3 pay in their catalog and the newest issue of Rc car action and would not honor it. They said that deal is no longer available but oh well it's coming.
I've been ordering from them for years. In fact, I'm in the gold preferred club. I have noticed them fiddling with prices/terms alot lately.

Their price was cheaper in a speedmart catalog than it was on their website for a item. Even though the catalog was good through that time period, they wouldn't honor the catalog price. Somewhere in the catalog it probably says "prices and terms subject to change without notice". But it also says good through.. insert month here.

Overall they are great but you have to work some coupon magic along with some patience to get the best prices. Service is stellar and shipping is prompt.
Old 02-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

They had me a little ticked and I have been ordering from there for years as well. But still couldn't get it any cheaper anywhere else because I had a 75 coupon through email.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

The MT4 is a great basher/Monster Truck that can take both 4S & 6S Lipos, do constant wheelies, reach insane speeds (jumps, rolls, cartwheels etc) and still come out in one piece. Just need to change the stock servo and its close to perfect. I use Airtronics 94780M which has 423oz-in (30.5kg-cm) of torque at 6.0v (speed at 6.0v: 0.15sec/60) more than enough to steer the MT4.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

The MT4 is an awesome truck. Id like to have one for a brushless beater, but I figured since i dont want to spend the money for a new one, Id just build a brushless truggy which is basically the same thing. Bought a Jammin X1 CRT pro which should be here tomorrow or saturday. Gonna play with tires and see what i like best for beating around off road. Probably will leave the truggy body and wing on it though. Should be pretty similar to a MT4 in most ways
Old 02-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default mt4

mt4. or for a little cheaper kyosho mad force kruiser ve.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cummins Driver
The MT4 is an awesome truck. Id like to have one for a brushless beater, but I figured since i dont want to spend the money for a new one, Id just build a brushless truggy which is basically the same thing. Bought a Jammin X1 CRT pro which should be here tomorrow or saturday. Gonna play with tires and see what i like best for beating around off road. Probably will leave the truggy body and wing on it though. Should be pretty similar to a MT4 in most ways
Almost any 1/8 scale truggy with big tires will be comparable to the MT4.... but I doubt you can build one for a cheaper price. Unless you already have the electronics, and find a good decent priced used roller. The price was part of the appeal for me....a monster truggy RTR (I paid $460 for each of mine)

If you do want to do the monster truggy thing I would highly
recommend the stock MT4 tires...no other tires this big are as light weight
They also wear very well and balloon less than my trenchers and badlands. Thunder Tiger got these tires just right for this truck.
Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chainsaw10
Almost any 1/8 scale truggy with big tires will be comparable to the MT4.... but I doubt you can build one for a cheaper price. Unless you already have the electronics, and find a good decent priced used roller. The price was part of the appeal for me....a monster truggy RTR (I paid $460 for each of mine)

If you do want to do the monster truggy thing I would highly
recommend the stock MT4 tires...no other tires this big are as light weight
They also wear very well and balloon less than my trenchers and badlands. Thunder Tiger got these tires just right for this truck.

I already have the ESC/Motor/Radio and servo, which is why im doing it like this instead of buying an MT4 (the MT4 is a great value). I was running the electronics in a brushless MT, but I got tired of the handling and some other things. I paid $110 shipped for a nice complete roller Jammin X1 CRT Pro with new tires and 2 new bodies. Gonna build my own motor mount and then ill have to buy a battery tray, so I should be into for about $135 or so plus the electronics I already have

I actually have a set of Associated 4.6 MGT tires that I believe the compound of them is very similar to the MT4 tires. Im gonna play with the 4 or 5 different sets of tires I already have and if i cant make them suit me, I may go with some MT4 tires because i do really like their performance and looks from what i have seen.

Here is my roller. I hope it will be here today
Attached Thumbnails E-REVO or thunder Tiger MT4-100_5342.jpg   E-REVO or thunder Tiger MT4-1005925c.jpg  
Old 02-24-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

There's a nice write up in RcDriver magazine from last month if you do a search for the MT4...best MT out there for the price!

Parts support for TT is obviously harder to find than Traxxas but you will definitely be breaking less parts and have fewer must have upgrades compared to the ERBE.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Rookie

erbe . i love mine!! they are epic trucks for bashing or serious racing!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.