Mgt 8.0 issues

Old 01-12-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Mgt 8.0 issues

Hi guys, I own a Yama buggy and a brand new team associated mgt 8.0, I'm new to all this so here I go, basically I'm having major issues running in my mgt.

I'll get it started it will tick over fine then when I remove igniter she dies, so when I leave the igniter on it runs but when I give a little throttle she just revs up and goes mental then dies, I have the carb set to factory setting but can't get her to start idling then rev, it seems like I'm getting interference also as she revs unecpectly! There are brand new batteries in her!

Please advise guys as am gagging to unleash but wanna run her in first!

Any advice appreciated!

Dan
Old 01-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Just broke in my 8.0 and some of the same things happened to me. All it took was making sure the battries had a full charge and there was no air in the fuel line, also make sure there isn't any air leakage around the back plate.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Id seal the engine, and put the needles at factory settings and go from there. Sounds like you may be lean, but it also sounds like it could have an air leak. If it really is the radio making it rev erratically though, then you'll need to diagnose that and go from there with it.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

I agree with everyone saying there is a air leak! I have the little brother to the 8.0 and I noticed mine was leaking out of the carb base, i sealed that up and was fine, it was also affecting the tuning process. air leaks just suck period lol anyways be sure to use a fuel resistant sealer and good luck.