Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tamiya tnx 5.2 hop ups and mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 03:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default tamiya tnx 5.2 hop ups and mods

does anyone knows if the HPI 17mm hex adapter kit fits a tnx 5.2 directly, do i have to change axles etc?? i have put a lrp z.28 spec 3 engine, omega pipe and thunder tiger 3 shoe cluth with a 14 tooth bell housing the car is producing some serious power now and hitting some good speeds, but the tiny 14mm hexs are not coping well
Old 01-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm looking for the same thing for my old Terra Crusher. They're 14mm Hexs, which I'd like adapters for both 17 and/or 23mm hex wheels. I've had an HPI set but the lock nut for the wheel hub became stripped in time. (not very good set imo)

savage hubs
http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CHcQ8wIwBQ

I've been looking at these, not sure if they'll work though...I believe the traxxas slash is 14mm, but not sure. They look like good quality and durable.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CE4Q8wIwAA

Any other suggestions? Maybe something a little less pricey but ensured to work w/durability? Thanks for suggestions...
Old 01-04-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Rookie

I tried the ofna 17mm adapters and there crap, there not reverse thread and after 5 min the wheel came flying off haha not to mention they wobble like you wouldn't believe, I bought maximizers off eBay and they work sweet!! no wheel wobble and you use the standard axles so you keep the reverse threads

There for a traxxas and there called maximizers 1/8 scale to maxx 17mm adapters max2330, I got the alloy ones for $26 but they come in composite and there even cheaper.

All I need now is a clutch I bought a Orion crf v6 clutch but I can't get it to engage

How many teeth is the clutch bell your running?
Old 01-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip about the Maximizers. I will certainly look around for them. I also tried the 17mm Hexs which came w/ my ofna Hyper ST Pro. They fit fine, but wobble a lot because there's nothing to stabilize the original axle while its sitting in the hole of the ofna wheel adapters.

Are those washers that the Traxxas Maximizers comes with? Looks like Hex Hubs (17mm) and washers. Are the washers used along side the stock wheel lock nut to secure the wheel tightly?

For clutch bell, i'm currently going to use a 17 tooth pinion for extra speed. I also have 16 and 18 tooth pinions. Haven't used the 18tooth yet, but the 16 works fine.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

The washers go on with the wheel nut to secure the wheel, if you don't put them on you can just pull the wheel off the wheel nut will just go thru the whole on the 17mm wheels, I found they work sweet. I also put on traxxas big bore shocks and the handling on my truck is crazy it doesn't roll anymore

I bought a 16 tooth clutch bell and I'm happy with the speed I was using a 14 tooth but was loosing alot on top end, I bought a Orion 6 shoe clutch but didn't end up using it so I've put it on eBay Australia