R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 01-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default Pics of Slash Flo-Tek Body on my Savage XL

My Proline Flow-Tek Body arrived today. The lid is for the Traxxas Slash, and fits quite nice. The Blue Groove Wheels allow the body to fit perfectly without additional trimming. I will however trim the back end some more. The reason is in order to have a clean access point on the top for the glow ignightor I had to position the body slightly back from optimum. I will trim the back side of the wheel well to compliment the back end fitment.

Its not painted yet, Im about to start masking it up for the paint job Im going to do, hopefully it comes out alright. It's going to be the craziest scheme on my Trucks, more detailed then Shelby Stripes.

And then I added the bumpers for mock up, and did some additional trimming.

Here she is with the final trimming done, and bumpers mocked up.

I think it will be too tight for a STD length X, BUT a LCG Extended it fits perfectly, arguably the best fit.
FLM LCG Savage RR ZR30X ERCM - FLM Savage XL - 2011 Savage X4.6 - RS4 Evo 3 SS+ NS.18 Outlaw - 8ight-T 2.0 Race Roller ZR30X 086 - Hopped up Jato RTR - Ground up fully modified Jato - Mini 8ight Momba MP 6000kv HET- BB Mini E-Revo 8900kv Flux Pro - 1/16 Boss 302 vxl - Traxxas 1/16 Monster Energy WCC 69 Camaro Special Edition
Rac3rX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It looks good but do you think it will last on a savage?
I would like to fit my new flotek body on my savage flux xl but would it be worth it
Ramos617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos617 View Post
It looks good but do you think it will last on a savage?
I would like to fit my new flotek body on my savage flux xl but would it be worth it
Depends on what your doing I guess. If doing back flips off a ramp, I would throw on my Stock body, but for mashing around it should last as long as the stock body i guess. I just plan to use it for off roading, the super wide stance helps keep me from rolling over so I hope it last, but if it don't I'll do another one, i love the look.
FLM LCG Savage RR ZR30X ERCM - FLM Savage XL - 2011 Savage X4.6 - RS4 Evo 3 SS+ NS.18 Outlaw - 8ight-T 2.0 Race Roller ZR30X 086 - Hopped up Jato RTR - Ground up fully modified Jato - Mini 8ight Momba MP 6000kv HET- BB Mini E-Revo 8900kv Flux Pro - 1/16 Boss 302 vxl - Traxxas 1/16 Monster Energy WCC 69 Camaro Special Edition
Old 01-07-2012, 12:41 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Interesting. I'm having a hell of a time finding a body to fit my XL. Even the Proline bodys don't fit my X SS that great. Are you using the wide axels on the XL too or is it just wheel offset?
HPI RS4 micro, Losi Mini SCT
AE SC10 FT, SC10 4x4 FT, Axial Exo Terra
IH8VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 AM   #5
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8VTEC View Post
Interesting. I'm having a hell of a time finding a body to fit my XL. Even the Proline bodys don't fit my X SS that great. Are you using the wide axels on the XL too or is it just wheel offset?
yeah, it's running full XL drivetrain & axles.