Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 hpi savage x 4.6?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

i kinda have no choice lol.. its on its way.. should be here in a few days.. but i was just curious if it was better as far as handling and what not.. didnt kjnow if it had any upgrades that the x doesnt.. cant wait to get m y new 2011 x
Old 01-01-2012, 11:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

no, my x ss doesn't handle as well as my 2011 x, the big bores make a big difference.

The only thing it has that is an upgrade is the metal spur. Its just a hopped up version of the old style x rtr. you will be very happy with the 2011 savage x
Old 01-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Addict

thanks man thats what im hoping.. if i can just get the diffs shimmed before i run it, i think i will be very happy.. cause tyhats the only reason i sold my xl and my old x.. the diffs didnt last. and i got tired iof it.. other then that i loved it to death.. here is a pic of my old xl i had 1500 into.. it ws originally a savage x with a 4.1 but converted it to a xl with a lrp.30

Old 01-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

got my savage couple weeks ago.. been looking for the best site for info most traffic but seems like rcnitrotalk is a lil low traffic and savage central is ok so i figured id try here.. got my savage and got to run about half a gallon through it. i love this thing.. for a savy i cant complain, with all the savy probs ive had this one seems to have them beat.. Ive hit a ree by accident head on, hit a land marker that sticks out of the grass about a foot smack right on the right a arm at wide open throttle, and lost control at full throttle and rolled it causing it to do about 50 cart wheels lol.. still have yet to break a single part.. You savy guys that have sworn up and down that the savy is better then the losi xxl were completely right.. i apologize for trying to argue the statement in my last losi xxl threads few months back lol.. what a great basher this is.. id like to see some other good bashing vids as well.. if someone has any good ones please add them in.. i have a few vids.. nothing special as im still trying to be easy on it.. but this is what i have

Old 09-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Addict

just picked up another x a few weeks ago lol.. i forgot i even had this thread.. i sold my last x that i had but ended up buying this one.. got it for a good deal.. i got out of rcs so i could get into dirt biking, but that got old quick.. pics of my new to me savage x 4.6

i plan to turn this older savage x 4.6 into the new 2011 model.. i believe this one was bought in 2010.. this is what i have invested in it so far..

both front and rear sintered bp diffs
new orange anodizing all around
new gt3 body
new chassis (mine was kinda bent)
new engine plate.. (mine was cracked)
more to come......................
Old 09-21-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Addict

I finaly got my parts for the 2011 savage x build. It went together so smooth. No problems what so ever. I was going to shim the diffs but the diffs were already perfectly shimmed. I got the bullet proof sintered diffs and there is a huge difference from the previous diffs on the older model. Here are some pics.

The big diffrence

The finished product

I do have another list of parts i will be ordering but for now this will do. I plan to get a set of hoi aluminum big bores, xl wide axle kit with the big dog bones, and when this motor craps on me i plan to get an lrp 30 spec 2. Im sure il add more as this build progresses. Thanks for looking!!!