Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Help with T Maxx buid >

Help with T Maxx buid

Help with T Maxx buid

Old 01-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
i know this isnt my thread but i have a tmaxx classic and i cant get the truck to shift back from reverse. whats the deal ?
You got in rev but cant get it out. The turn is off somewhere on the maxx you have to have it the turned dead on. i would keep the brake on and wait a couple of second for it to drop ideal. then hit the switch. If that does not work kill the engine and do it then. what is happing is that the rpm are to high for it to change. THis causese the gears to lock in place and the arm that swings out will not drop back in place on the gear cause it spinning to fast. could be to rich or lean. i would check the ideal gap that is another thing that will leave it to high of an ideal. You should have the servo set up with a lot of spring tension to push the shaft all the way back in the trans that will be forward and with it all the way out that is reverse. I woold use fuel tubbing really it hold better than the spring. You have to make your engeine drop to ideal fast it. when i had mine set it took about 5 to 6 second for me to kick it back in gear which is still to long but if you can get the ideal to drop really fast you be good to go most of the time. good luck. This is all depending on if you servo is working and you have a proper link setup and free flowing too.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

i know this isnt my thread but i have a tmaxx classic and i cant get the truck to shift back from reverse. whats the deal ?
Is the servo moving far enough? Try moving the linkage by hand. Is the idle too high?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by imrob View Post
You got in rev but cant get it out. The turn is off somewhere on the maxx you have to have it the turned dead on. i would keep the brake on and wait a couple of second for it to drop ideal. then hit the switch. If that does not work kill the engine and do it then. what is happing is that the rpm are to high for it to change. THis causese the gears to lock in place and the arm that swings out will not drop back in place on the gear cause it spinning to fast. could be to rich or lean. i would check the ideal gap that is another thing that will leave it to high of an ideal. You should have the servo set up with a lot of spring tension to push the shaft all the way back in the trans that will be forward and with it all the way out that is reverse. I woold use fuel tubbing really it hold better than the spring. You have to make your engeine drop to ideal fast it. when i had mine set it took about 5 to 6 second for me to kick it back in gear which is still to long but if you can get the ideal to drop really fast you be good to go most of the time. good luck. This is all depending on if you servo is working and you have a proper link setup and free flowing too.
Originally Posted by Cadimman View Post
Is the servo moving far enough? Try moving the linkage by hand. Is the idle too high?

ill try turing the ideal and pushing the shaft all the way in and also the servo i know has full throw
Old 01-29-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

ill try turing the ideal and pushing the shaft all the way in and also the servo i know has full throw
will then you have to fix th turn some some where and that will change a lot all year b ut i cna not be high or it will never shift sometime if it loads up you can hit the gas then hit the brake wait a second then hit the switch best thing i can say with out adjusting the ideal.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Rookie

So has anyone bought those integy steel center shafts for the tmaxx 3.3?....it seems that the allen screws are war too small,and when I finally got them half way tight (which ended up stripping a couple screws)they are loose on the axle end....they are steel but complete shit...I'm waiting for them to vibrate out so I can throw my stocks back on....even tho I just put a big block on.

By the way,those sirio .23 motors are the best.I recommend them to any tmaxx guys
Old 01-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dustineng View Post
So has anyone bought those integy steel center shafts for the tmaxx 3.3?....it seems that the allen screws are war too small,and when I finally got them half way tight (which ended up stripping a couple screws)they are loose on the axle end....they are steel but complete shit...I'm waiting for them to vibrate out so I can throw my stocks back on....even tho I just put a big block on.

By the way,those sirio .23 motors are the best.I recommend them to any tmaxx guys
So you got it in how you do it and the shafts i use the rd logic on mine and they fit like a charm nothing lose htere at all. Which mount did you use foe the sirio.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

The guy who sold me the motor sent me the sirio maxi mount for free..which was nice of home.....but the deiveshafts really pisses me off...I can't even get the out now because the allens were so small I stripped them immediately..

And I'm using the RB max big block exhaust which is sweet but my god it's loud
Old 02-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just installed the integy steel shafts on my e maxx. I converted my 3906 (short chassis) to 3.3 spec everything. I installed the shafts and the only thing i had issues with was the same as you. I lock tighted all four, and they were a pain to get to tighten all the way. I actually split on allen down the side. SO i already know when i have to dis assemble i will be needing a drill. The shafts themselves actually look really beefy to me, along with the u joints. As a saftey precaution i went ahea d and put shrink tubing over all of the u joints.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Where are the Erevo brushless threads!?!?!?