Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Help with T Maxx buid >

Help with T Maxx buid

Help with T Maxx buid

Old 01-18-2012, 05:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Traxxas made a widemaxx kit for these it was all the parts and pieces to widen it out. Upper and lower aarms and the links. . This is the best place to start it was pretty cheap. Then do their forward only kit. And get a os18 and let her rip. It may not be the best racer but will get you some experience and you'll have some fun with it.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

^^ and shafts.
Old 01-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
Traxxas made a widemaxx kit for these it was all the parts and pieces to widen it out. Upper and lower aarms and the links. . This is the best place to start it was pretty cheap. Then do their forward only kit. And get a os18 and let her rip. It may not be the best racer but will get you some experience and you'll have some fun with it.
if your gunna do the os 18 make sure it is a tz with turbo head that motor is insane
Old 01-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

The last one I did was with a sirio 18 . It was stupid fast until a rod broke with only a half a gallon through the engine . This was disapointing . Now I run OS.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87 View Post
The last one I did was with a sirio 18 . It was stupid fast until a rod broke with only a half a gallon through the engine . This was disapointing . Now I run OS.
will there is no wide maxx suspesion no more rpm just makes them all in one size which use to be the wide maxx but it now is stander i guess you could say. He will have to buy the turnbuckels for the new 3.3. The os 18 is now outdated for the maxx and they now sell a os .21 tm for it. If he buy the new 3.3 axles carrier he will need the steel drive shaft for sure casue the old plastic will not set right. It must have been awhile since some off you guy built your t maxx. I have one that i try to race when i can and it is updated. sometimes. The nice thing i like about the new 3.3 axle carrier is they have bump steer like the revo but that just depend on how much money he wants put in this thing. all the rpm stuff is around 40 dollars. Tower might still have parts that are a driect drop in for this .15 i dont know since i went the wide way.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Tmaxx 4907 with sirio .23

I'm puttin a sirio .23 on my tmaxx (4907) model,the drivine is taken care of.but I don't know where to start with the transmission.where can I get these strong gears everyone's always talking about?

Secondly,if the ofna picco .26 max puts out the same power as this sirio,why is everyone saying there's no need to do a tranny upgrade.but with the sirio I will.....the only difference is the picco .26 max is bolt up ready to go with stock parts...but I don't know
Old 01-19-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dustineng View Post
I'm puttin a sirio .23 on my tmaxx (4907) model,the drivine is taken care of.but I don't know where to start with the transmission.where can I get these strong gears everyone's always talking about?

Secondly,if the ofna picco .26 max puts out the same power as this sirio,why is everyone saying there's no need to do a tranny upgrade.but with the sirio I will.....the only difference is the picco .26 max is bolt up ready to go with stock parts...but I don't know
robinson racing. or tower carry the parts have the steal gear. Gh hobby sell ally one but i just stay with the stock plastic on they hold up for me just fine. The plastic lasted about 3 years for me. The motor it might be cause one has a stronger bottom end then the other dont know myself.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by imrob View Post
robinson racing. or tower carry the parts have the steal gear. Gh hobby sell ally one but i just stay with the stock plastic on they hold up for me just fine. The plastic lasted about 3 years for me. The motor it might be cause one has a stronger bottom end then the other dont know myself.
so,even with the monster sirio motor he tranny will hold up......and ive never heard anything about oiling those trannies,are you not supposed to oil them?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Rookie

how the hell do you add a profile picture people!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:09 PM
Tech Master

so,even with the monster sirio motor he tranny will hold up......and ive never heard anything about oiling those trannies,are you not supposed to oil them?
IT depends on what gear's you have. If they are plastic gear's use white grease, if they are metal or the all i use black grease. My front diff i packed with some ford appoved wheel grease and i packe the full. The rear diff i used the same stuff but i only went about half in the rear. The profil pic has still got me bugged i have not got it to work yet. What i found out there is you have to have gimp some photo fixer thing. the pic can only be 80x80 pixels. and one guy said it has to be a grp code i think. im still trying to get this gimp to work. I did find out photo bucket dont work or at least not for me.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Rookie

So I bought a sirio .23 for my tmaxx,I bought a Motor mount on eBay that didn't work for my 3.3 tmaxx....I also bout an hoi.21-25 header and pipe,which also doesn't work....does anyone know anything about these sirios?
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

So I bought a sirio .23 for my tmaxx,I bought a Motor mount on eBay that didn't work for my 3.3 tmaxx....I also bout an hoi.21-25 header and pipe,which also doesn't work....does anyone know anything about these sirios?
I think you need the ofan pico mount the one they sell for the pico point 26 that should work for ya. The pipe i have no clue the ths seem to be the best. Maybe a jp1 with a short header. I do reall like the ths one though.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

the picco .26 has the same block as the 3.3

thats why its a direct replacement

but even if.....noone can find one because people buy 'em before anyone even knows theyre there
Old 01-25-2012, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

the picco .26 has the same block as the 3.3

thats why its a direct replacement

but even if.....noone can find one because people buy 'em before anyone even knows theyre there
No they have the same mounting holes for the chassie so the big block pico will fit that why they made. the pico is a big block. The 3.3 is small block.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:56 AM
Tech Rookie

so even tho they state you can use your stock 3.3 motor mount,you cant?

maybe im missing something....im almost positive the 3.3 mount works on the .26 max

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.