Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #61
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jspeed View Post
Bmr4life,

The only reason I suggested our GT slicks is because you wrote that you were running an Associated RC8BE truggy.

Truggies are nothing more than off-road buggies with longer arms and have similar wheelbase as Kyosho’s IGT2 chassis, which is based on their own STR off-road truggy. There are many of IGT2 (truggy chassis wheelbase) on-road cars doing top-speed running on our slicks, hence the reason for the suggestion that your truggy would better off with our GT racing slicks for top-speed or on-road track racing. Understand?

Nitro Monster Truck users can use our bigger Monster slicks as they are available now, nitro engines produce much less torque and a lot less rpms than electric brushless motors.

Electric brushless powered Monster trucks, will be very happy with our Monster slicks when our new belted ones arrive in 3-4 weeks.

Thank you very much!
RC8BE is a Buggy. RC8TE is a Truggy. I hope that was just a typo.

Thanks for the ETA. I will not run GT slicks on a truggy. As All Aluminum posted, even the larger XO-1 tires are too small for a truggy setup. Funniest part about all of this is the XTM you have posted in your OP is a truggy based "monster truck".
Old 08-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #62
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmr4life View Post
The XTM you have posted in your OP is a truggy based "monster truck".
Yes correct, its a Nitro powered truggy based truck.
He drag races his nitro truck 130 feet, with no problems and loves the traction.

He would actually be faster if he ran our GT slicks and adjusted the ride height to compensate for the smaller tire height.

It all really depends on what type of chassis, racing and power source you use, but a truggy like yours would run faster if you reduced wind resistance and the best to reduce wind under your chassis is to lower it.

When our new belted Monster slicks arrive, we'll let everyone know it.

All the best!
Jspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:59 PM   #63
Tech Master

I suggest you try your GT tires on a truggy and post the results.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #64
Tech Elite

Quote:
I suggest you try your GT tires on a truggy and post the results.
Bmr4life,

I actually converted my own Kyosho STR truggy to a GT track racer back in 2009, so I speak from experience on the topic. If you have a truggy and you’re street racing it, lower it to achieve faster top speeds and make it handle a lot better by lowering the "CG" too.
Attached Thumbnails
New Monster Truck Belted Slicks!-kyosho-str-truggy-gt-racecar.jpg  
Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #65
Tech Master

Quote:
Bmr4life,

I actually converted my own Kyosho STR truggy to a GT track racer back in 2009, so I speak from experience on the topic. If you have a truggy and you’re street racing it, lower it to achieve faster top speeds and make it handle a lot better by lowering the "CG" too.
No, I mean test the GT tires on a truggy, not a short armed buggy/GT car. Like what you're suggesting I do. I'm not converting my truggy to a buggy, it will remain long arms and long chassis. I already have a buggy, I don't need two of the same. Show me that your GT tires work on a truggy.

It is possible to lower the truggy down to the ground while running truggy tires so the smaller GT tire is not required to achieve this. I'm sure it could even be done with the MT slicks that should out in 3-4 weeks.
Old 08-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #66
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I guess BMR4life's goal and others like myself is to keep the "monster truck" look on our truggies. Yes....the GT slicks will run faster but it will require changing the shock setup, gearing, and even a on road body. I'm not trying to break any speed records (I have a dedicated on-road car for that) but I want a fast monster truggy setup and the gt slicks just doesn't meet the scale look. Can you picture the gt slicks on my ST-1 truggy even if I limit the travel of the long shocks?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:45 PM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
No, I mean test the GT tires on a truggy, not a short armed buggy/GT car. Like what you're suggesting I do. I'm not converting my truggy to a buggy, it will remain long arms and long chassis. I already have a buggy, I don't need two of the same. Show me that your GT tires work on a truggy.

It is possible to lower the truggy down to the ground while running truggy tires so the smaller GT tire is not required to achieve this. I'm sure it could even be done with the MT slicks that should out in 3-4 weeks.
Bmr4life,

Dude, that is a Kyosho STR truggy in the picture, the only big difference is I use buggy arms on it. If you have a brushless truggy and you want to do top speed runs on the street or track with it, GT slicks are the best way to do it.

Our monster truck slicks are best for monster trucks that race on the street, not for truggies.

By the way, I'm one of the owners of Ipanema.

Take care, good luck and have fun!
Old 08-20-2012, 10:52 PM   #68
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by all aluminum View Post
I guess BMR4life's goal and others like myself is to is to keep the "monster truck" look on our truggies. Yes....the GT slicks will run faster but it will require changing the shock setup, gearing, and even a on road body. I'm not trying to break any speed records (I have a dedicated on-road car for that) but I want a fast monster truggy setup and the gt slicks just doesn't meet the scale look. Can you picture the gt slicks on my ST-1 truggy even if I limit the travel of the long shocks?
No doubt, we can agree with the cool "look" of Monster trucks, but my posts to bmr4life was in reply to him trying to do hi-speed runs.

If his goal was to try to hit 80+ mph without blowing up his tires, the best way is to trade the big look for a more "physics" based approach of using lower profile GT slicks instead.

On another note, how fast have you gone with your eRevo on our GT slicks?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:59 PM   #69
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
No doubt, we can agree with the cool "look" of Monster trucks, but my posts to bmr4life was in reply to him trying to do hi-speed runs.

If his goal was to try to hit 80+ mph without blowing up his tires, the best way is to trade the big look for a more "physics" based approach of using lower profile GT slicks instead.

On another note, how fast have you gone with your eRevo on our GT slicks?
Right....his goal is to keep the scale truggy look while going for speed runs, not to convert it in a different form.

I don't have a Erevo, only 1/16 revos (I sold my .18 O.S. Revo). The GT slicks are working nicely on my on-road Rustler. I'm still working on my speed setup but would be satisfied if I reach 80mph on 3s.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:06 PM   #70
Tech Elite

Quote:
Right....his goal is to keep the scale truggy look while going for speed runs, not to convert it in a different form.

I don't have a Erevo, only 1/16 revos (I sold my .18 O.S. Revo). The GT slicks are working nicely on my on-road Rustler. I'm still working on my speed setup but would be satisfied if I reach 80mph on 3s.
Got it cool, let us know how fast you get them to go on you Rustler.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:27 AM   #71
Tech Master

Quote:

You got it. Its a truck and I want to keep it a truck. Not sure why that's so hard to understand. I already have a buggy, an XO-1, and an Ofna Late Model coming in the mail. ALL of those vehicles will be faster than my truggy. I'm not looking for crazy speeds with the truggy, its to difficult to accomplish (especially when I already have better equipped vehicles). Is it to much to ask to keep my truck a truck?

Quote:
Bmr4life,

Dude, that is a Kyosho STR truggy in the picture, the only big difference is I use buggy arms on it. If you have a brushless truggy and you want to do top speed runs on the street or track with it, GT slicks are the best way to do it.

Our monster truck slicks are best for monster trucks that race on the street, not for truggies.

By the way, I'm one of the owners of Ipanema.

Take care, good luck and have fun!
Perfect,then I can tell you this. You need to update your list of dealers. Half of them either don't sell stuff online or don't carry your brand.

Last edited by Bmr4life; 08-21-2012 at 05:32 AM. Reason: i
Bmr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #72
Tech Elite

Quote:
You need to update your list of dealers. Half of them either don't sell stuff online or don't carry your brand.
Bmr4life,

Maybe you could try Lee at Winner's Circle near Atlanta GA or you can also order from him online. Lee should have all you'll need.

http://winnerscirclerc.com/advanced_...d482f&x=7&y=10

Hope it helps!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #73
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Question how much would a set of slicks for my rustler vxl be worth
Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #74
Tech Master

Quote:
Bmr4life,

Maybe you could try Lee at Winner's Circle near Atlanta GA or you can also order from him online. Lee should have all you'll need.

http://winnerscirclerc.com/advanced_...d482f&x=7&y=10

Hope it helps!
They don't have a B&M store which means I'd have to pay shipping and still get hit with tax. I'd rather order from Bruckner to get free shipping and no tax, but then they only sell a couple different tires. Add that to my belted Ofna's performing fine leaves me not ordering anything yet.
Old 09-07-2012, 03:30 AM   #75
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone have anymore input on these Monster slicks on an emaxx or savage.
Video?
Comments on top speed?
Anyone else experience tires ripping apart?
Want to make an informed decision with more data if possible

Thanks a million or at least 150 bucks worth
chestnutjazz is offline   Reply With Quote